New Skin is up.

Shaggy

Fearless Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Post up a screen shot of that.

There are options in User CP but all it is to change between light and dark. I wanna be able to change back to the old black and blue...

Try it now.

Mikey

Reaction score
There are more options now. I can change back to the old grey, white and blue but not the black and blue.

Mikey

Reaction score
IMG_00000079_zpsd44485fd.png

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
IMO...this looks horrible. Looks like it got hacked. The halloween color combo is hard on the eyes.

Last edited:

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I personally like it, its more refined and modern than a lot of other high end car forums.
But I do agree it is a really big difference from our outdated layout, but looking at it from a new users point of view, it is more inviting and easier to navigate vs the old confusing layout.
I just wish the new layout had the theme options at the bottom but im sure that will be taken car of in time.

You're doing a great job running the site btw!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Tough crowd :lawl:

It looks good imo. Dark gray, orange, and black looks more contemporary and gives the UI a more “techy” feel. Very nice to have the cars at the top. And I don't think any legibility was lost, dark gray is easy on the eyes. The only thing I don’t like is the 6THGEN icons to the left of every subforum on the forum page…it’s a bit much...maybe something smaller/simpler to show new posts?

I have a couple suggestions - sort of like with the Juice skiin, make the Search button it’s own entity instead of in a line of buttons. And this isn’t crucial, but I think it would look better to have one car at each corner instead of one at the left and two at the right. The images aren’t that big to begin with so when you have two I think they’re just sort of lost. Plus some are cropped a little awkwardly.

Nice work, and thanks for putting in the time. This is a great forum info-wise, it just needed a little refreshing on the graphic layout front. Who knows, might attract more members too when they see it.

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
IMO...this looks horrible. Looks like it got hacked. The halloween color combo is hard on the eyes.

^at first...but after a while looking at it it's not bad at all IMO. And even if they sold our car in late 1997 doesn't make it a 97!?

Teesak

Reaction score
Its a big change but I think people will come around and like it more after they get use to it. Needs a few refining touches but I'm sure you are aware so I wont rip it apart.
Cool idea I had, if you see a car in the banner you like you should be able to click on it and have it link you to their member ride page, if they have one of course.
keep up the good work, web design can be tricky

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
98-02 Accord.. Not 97 :coffee:..

New skin is okay, thanks for the update! If I want the old look back is that possible too for me to choose? Can't find the drop down menu..

Back