Anyone here dyed their seats (cloth)?

cg6boi

Reaction score
i figured id just ask this question here instead of making a new thread....hmmm maybe i shoulda searched first....anyways how do u take the door inserts out? is it difficult? will i be okay since im terrible at hands on stuff without someone helping me? will there ever be a friends movie? answers cg6boi needs

lil_ant

Reaction score
i pm one of the moderator today to see if i can post up on any interest on the seat cover. the seat will be made out of high quality leather...for the front and rear seat i will see if i can get the price around $500 to $600....the leather will be black with red stitching..let me know what you guy think...im in the process of getting my car done right now, but for me to get a better price would be to set up a group buy....what im paying right now is $900 to get mine done...

l34merik

Reaction score
Hey lil ant,
well first you would probably have to start a thread to introduce yourself with your ride and make some posts besides WTB threads. After you build up some cred around the forums, maybe more members will be interested.

Now regarding the seat covers, after you get it done on your sedan (i assume from seeing ur threads), post some pics so others can see. I hope it's the type that goes around each piece individually. If it's just a universal cover, that's way too much.

Even if they were high quality though, I dunno if it's worth it. I don't really like the red stitching on anything in my car even though my car is red. For $600-900, one could probably find some 7th gen or cl/tl leather seats to swap out with.

Sorry for being kinda harsh but that's my honest opinion.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Hey Matt,
it's been some time now, how have your seats been holding up?

I am sorry, between my music, GF, and my 4 other hobbies, my car has some how taken last place in these things.

The headrest has held up great so far. The dye I used does not rub off. It didn't pass the washing machine test but I am not sure that it was totally cured (water based). I will probably run it though the wash again for fun to see how it holds up. It is my headrest so it doesn't see much wear. I am not totally comfortable doing this to my seats yet as I know I have a few days of cure time minimum.

When I do my seats (I may try a different product), I just need to make sure everything gets a few days of good curing time. I may just wait until the summer time as I really don't have time, plus it is a lot of heat to evaporate the water. Water based paints/dyes, etc, are often as good as solvent based. They are cheaper usually and with something like your interior, if you are quick, you can wash it away. I will try to update but unfortunately, I just think I should wait until it gets hot out here.

Back