Modding RSX decklid spoiler

KnightRyder

Reaction score
no updates yet, havent worked on it in a while since ive been busy with new side jobs to pay the bills. i also need to get a laser line, so that i can accurately draw the lines on the ends and begin cutting more.

once i get it finished, i'll see what the chances are of getting it replicated but dont hold your breathe because i probably wont make anymore and any shop that CAN replicate would probably want a lot of people on board first before they consider it.

and its probably gonna take me another week before i get back on it because theres a show in sac im going to this weekend so once thats over, i'll tape up the trunk again and get to work on it again.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
decided to jump back and forth between several of my ongoing projects so that i dont forget about one for too long and scrap it so today i put my brakes aside and got back on this spoiler...

all i really did today was draw the lines i need to make the proper angled cuts on the ends of the spoiler.

img0001gyd.jpg

how i managed to get an accurate straight line around the edge... laser line ghetto mounted onto my tripod...
img0004lk.jpg

i used the laser line to first get the angle of the side of the car then i locked everything in on the tripod and then just shifted it over enough to the point where it lined up to the edge of the spoiler.
img0005wwd.jpg

top view...
img0006r.jpg

back view...
img0009ha.jpg

img0008hn.jpg

i'll get to acutally cutting it either later today or sometime tomorrow.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good line, the angle from the back view is a nice transition from the side of the car just before the decklid seam. Getting closer. :)

KnightRyder

Reaction score
decided to go ahead and cut it today. i used an air powered grinder to shave all the material off. i only got it to the point where i can fine tune it now by hand with a sanding block. i will need some filler probably but for now, im just trying to get the rough shape.

the curvature at the top of the spoiler i'll have to do by hand and just guesstimate the proper curve to match my roof spoiler. i think the angled ends are pretty much spot on though.

top view...
img0013wq.jpg

side...
img0014xi.jpg

back...
img0015kl.jpg

front side...
img0020sm.jpg

now comes the tedious work of filler and fine hand sanding. this is probably at least a week or two away since i have to order some materials first.

Back