1BAD6's Custom total Interior Thread (Pics and Vids)

CHID0

Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Custom Interior and Paint/Bodywork Thread (Pics and Vids)

My initial thought was you shoulda went with racing buckets, they do make the XL joints to accommodate larger individuals. I really dig the inserts and the carpet.....for some reason the seats throw it off IMO. Think it may be the thought of, they're just wrapped OEM seats. Matching buckets really would set that interior off well....really well. Especially for the price invested.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

Status Ring GT seats are about the widest, most comfortable seats you can get these days...and they're reasonably priced. You could have bought them and had about $2000 left over for the rest of your interior.

You went to an overpriced shop for their reputation of dealing with famous clients. The thing is, they usually hook up the famous people, and rape the not-so-famous people in order to keep their businesses going.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Good Lord. If it's a quality job and you're happy with no regrets, it was worth the money. Big projects almost always end up costing more than you think when starting out. And now you know more than you did before, which helps next time.

98acclude

Reaction score

I think it looks sick Im ready to see the rest of the beast plus if you're happy that's all that matters... some ppl care more about creature comforts than others I dunno if I'd personally spend that much on interior but that's only because I dont give an eff as much as you do but I do have to say I like it! :D keep it up man!

Accord_J30A

Reaction score

Thats badass. Lets meet up sometime.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score

I think the red carpet is a little too much....black would look great

1bad6

Reaction score

So they used mdf speaker rings....
I'd charge you ike 5 bucks for that, lol.

That's cute. It wasn't quite that simple though. They fabricated wooden brackets for the speakers to sit in and had to lift the entire rear deck to match the new height of the speakers and then wrap the deck in charcoal leather...pic attached.

Lesson learned...I'm pretty sure that this'll be the last time I'll post pricing for something I got done!

kwesi046.jpg

Status Ring GT seats are about the widest, most comfortable seats you can get these days...and they're reasonably priced. You could have bought them and had about $2000 left over for the rest of your interior.

You went to an overpriced shop for their reputation of dealing with famous clients. The thing is, they usually hook up the famous people, and rape the not-so-famous people in order to keep their businesses going.

Call me strange, but something about paying nearly 2k for seats that I've never sat in or "comfort tested" doesn't appeal to me. Again, I thought about racing seats and might get some one day but the racing seats I've sat in haven't been very comfortable or padded...maybe because they're built for racing.

I'm positive that this wasn't the "cheapest" I could have gotten it done for, but such is life. I think they're used to doing $10,000+ jobs so when a smaller job like mine comes along, we don't get the cheapest pricing but it's done and I'm VERY happy with it.

Good Lord. If it's a quality job and you're happy with no regrets, it was worth the money. Big projects almost always end up costing more than you think when starting out. And now you know more than you did before, which helps next time.

Thanks bud! I completely agree. I didn't intend for it to cost that much, but I'm certainly MORE than happy with it.

I think it looks sick Im ready to see the rest of the beast plus if you're happy that's all that matters... some ppl care more about creature comforts than others I dunno if I'd personally spend that much on interior but that's only because I dont give an eff as much as you do but I do have to say I like it! :D keep it up man!

Thanks man! You can check out the rest of the build by clicking on the updated link in my signature. Thanks for checking her out!

Thats badass. Lets meet up sometime.

Absolutely! I won't be back home till June of next year, but I'd love to check out your car and you've got to see the interior in person! I think I'm going to plan a get together for the folks on here in the south eastern states (Fla, Ga, Tn, Al, etc) for June and see what happens!

I think the red carpet is a little too much....black would look great

I thought long and hard before choosing red carpet, but I think it turned out as I wanted. I'm definitely not a "sleeper" kind of guy and black is a "sleeper" color...it's one of those colors that doesn't stand out; as a matter of fact, it's usually what you color something that you don't want to be noticed! I never want anyone to fall "asleep" looking at my car. The car was actually originally black, but that was just too boring for my style. Red certainly worked out better for what I'm going for.

Namboyz

Reaction score

i really like your interior... not the usual blacked out everything JDM trend blah blah blah...

CHEERS!

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

i really like your interior... not the usual blacked out everything JDM trend blah blah blah...

CHEERS!

i was considering painting my interior pieces black :sad: lol

1bad6

Reaction score

CHEERS!

Thanks man! I appreciate the props. Yeah, I agree that black has been done over and over and over...I wanted something different.

i was considering painting my interior pieces black :sad: lol

LOL!! I about pissed myself when I read your response!! That is hilarious! Aw, black is still cool if it's your style!

Last edited:
Back