1BAD6's Custom total Interior Thread (Pics and Vids)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Custom Interior and Paint/Bodywork Thread (Pics and Vids)

Too loud for me, but glad you're happy with it.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Car has ATL written all over it. :hihi:

Amiright??? Seems like 95% of everything out of ATL is LOUD and FLASHY, in one way or another.

Looking forward to seeing performance numbers for sure.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score

if i was u i wouldve gone with all red interior like the nsx...

but then again.. ur interior is sooooooooo :wub::jealousbow:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

LOL!! I about pissed myself when I read your response!! That is hilarious! Aw, black is still cool if it's your style!

now that ive thought about it, all black is too much, and with blue LED bulbs replacing al my sources of light it would be to dark all the time. thanks for the encouragement though. JDM as F*ck lol

1bad6

Reaction score

Too loud for me, but glad you're happy with it.

To each his own. I've done the "sleeper", covert, super secret, ninja, etc...type of car before. Looking back, it was nice but too boring. Now, it's hard to justify putting quality money into something like this for it NOT to really look like it. That's counter intuitive to me. I had to have some color this go around.

Car has ATL written all over it. :hihi:
Amiright??? Seems like 95% of everything out of ATL is LOUD and FLASHY, in one way or another.

Looking forward to seeing performance numbers for sure.

Atl is no different than any other town in the U.S. Some like the "hiding in the bushes" look and some like the "kick in the front door" look; meaning that some folks like a car that looks pretty much like every other one of the same type and blends in (sleeper) and some people like a car that stands apart and says "I'm different"...I'm the latter. With the money that I've put into my exterior, alarm, entertainment system, and exterior, I had to have an interior that would "keep pace" with the rest of it.

You can go to my turbo build by following the link in my signature for updated numbers that I'll post in a minute or two along with dyno sheets. I've got to warn you though, the numbers are "LOUD and FLASHY". They scream at you!

if i was u i would've gone with all red interior like the nsx...

but then again.. ur interior is sooooooooo :wub::jealousbow:

I think all of any color would have been too unimaginative for me. I like a nice mixture of dark and accent colors, like red but all black or all red would or all anything wouldn't be me. Thanks so much for the compliment...I'm glad you like it!

now that ive thought about it, all black is too much, and with blue LED bulbs replacing al my sources of light it would be to dark all the time. thanks for the encouragement though. JDM as F*ck lol

LOL! I agree that all black would be too much. Mostly black with a hint of something here or there would probably be on point!

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

In for pics of the paint and body work. So far I've been impressed with the numbers produced by your engine build. I'm with a lot of the other people when I say the red isn't my taste, but I wouldn't say it looks bad. If the seats were all red, and the door inserts were red, and everything else was black, THAT I would be into. Red leather can work fantastically if done right. I honestly think it's just the red carpet and headliner that is throwing me off. I would have gone with black, but I prefer a subtle/classy look.

Annnnnyway.......if you have the extra cash to throw into all this more power to you. I would do the same if I was Oprah rich. I'm going to reserve any further comments until I see the paint and body work. If I see any red on the exterior of the car I'm going to flip, FYI, but it's not like it matters what I think.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

^this, however, if you had gone with what Justin had suggested and the car was actually SMR, THAT would have been a good look.

Regardless, you have done what you wanted/liked, that is really all that matters.

What it comes down to is we are in for pics. Hope all goes with with the project.

1bad6

Reaction score

^this, however, if you had gone with what Justin had suggested and the car was actually SMR, THAT would have been a good look.

Regardless, you have done what you wanted/liked, that is really all that matters.

What it comes down to is we are in for pics. Hope all goes well with the project.

Naw, what I did IS a good look...and I'm sure both you and whoever Justin is have great looking interiors also...even though they're different from what I've actually done. Speaking of which, I'd LOVE links to both of your interior threads!

In for pics of the paint and body work. So far I've been impressed with the numbers produced by your engine build. I'm with a lot of the other people when I say the red isn't my taste, but I wouldn't say it looks bad. If the seats were all red, and the door inserts were red, and everything else was black, THAT I would be into. Red leather can work fantastically if done right. I honestly think it's just the red carpet and headliner that is throwing me off. I would have gone with black, but I prefer a subtle/classy look.

Annnnnyway.......if you have the extra cash to throw into all this more power to you. I would do the same if I was Oprah rich. I'm going to reserve any further comments until I see the paint and body work. If I see any red on the exterior of the car I'm going to flip, FYI, but it's not like it matters what I think.

Speaking about flipping...if I hear what "should have been done" or "would have looked good" from anyone else who hasn't actually done it, I'm going to lose it!

The joy of having your own car is that you can do what you think looks good to it. Subtle isn't always classy...it's safe. Doing something wild takes balls because it's not something that most people would do and as such, will often be disapproved of. Your car is usually a reflection of your personality and I'm more of a :chucklesfawk: what people think kind of guy, hence why a "wilder than most" interior works just fine for me. However, I can appreciate many kinds of people and art so I'm sure that yours looks good too. I'm assuming that your description of what you'd be into IS actually what your interior actually looks like...right?

I'll be starting my exterior thread and posting pics shortly.

The dynos are now up on page 1 of my turbo build.

Last edited:

VA_Accord

Reaction score
How do you wrap that panel next to the rear seats? im trying to pretty much do the same thing but cant figure out how to wrap that peice. Just to clarify I dont want to wrap the whole panel just the insert like you did in red.

kwesi045.jpg

1bad6

Reaction score
Gotcha. I didn't do it myself on my car...the interior shop did. However, I did do it on my last car and it wasn't that difficult because it was a 4 door and I could remove the entire panel to work on it easier. On this car, it looks like it would probably have to be done with the panel in the car. The rear and front seats were removed when they did it, but all that should be required is finding the material that you want to cover the insert in, a utility knife, fabric/upholstery glue, and a can do attitude. I believe it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours at the most. You'd cut the material into the general shape of the insert, but extra fabric should be left on since this wouldn't be an exact cut at first. You'd then place the fabric on top of the insert and make sure to find the groove around the insert. At this point, you can make a more exact cut but still leave a little material (a few mm) around the edges. You'll cover the entire insert in upholstery glue, place the fabric on top, smooth out any wrinkles from the center outward, and use a blunt flat head screwdriver to push the fabric in around the edges.

Back