TSX Bumper Conversion (Update 8/15/13)

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Re: TSX Bumper Conversion

excellent work so far. what sort of adhesive do you intend on using? i suggest Fusor's products, i used them and do not regret it one bit. it is the main thing holding on my heavy *** wings west PU lip, there is zero hardware holding it on, its simply glued on and i've grabbed the lip and leaned back with my full weight (200+lbs) and yes it flexed (it's PU, duh!) but the joint showed no sign of weakening.

i've honestly gotten tired of my front end as sad as it may seem and am looking for alternatives. if this comes out right, you may have opened my doors big time by allowing me to look at TSXs for a new front bumper design for myself!

i cant wait to see the progress!

NotNice

Reaction score

excellent work so far. what sort of adhesive do you intend on using? i suggest Fusor's products, i used them and do not regret it one bit. it is the main thing holding on my heavy *** wings west PU lip, there is zero hardware holding it on, its simply glued on and i've grabbed the lip and leaned back with my full weight (200+lbs) and yes it flexed (it's PU, duh!) but the joint showed no sign of weakening.

i've honestly gotten tired of my front end as sad as it may seem and am looking for alternatives. if this comes out right, you may have opened my doors big time by allowing me to look at TSXs for a new front bumper design for myself!

yes .. fusor products as you have said to me before... i heard only good about it. i was planning to counter sink some screws but i dont no if thats a good idea.?? but yea the wings west kit looks soo dam good. but i got tired of it and i missed my fogs... i will be PMing you with just a few more questions but so far everythings looking good. have to save up for the adhesive lol..

KnightRyder

Reaction score

hows the length of the bumper on the sides? does it reach the back?

i got inspired by your pics and starting digging around for possible TSX front ends on my own car and came up with the Modulo Voltage JDM bumper. fell in love at first glance.... saw the price tag for a original one and almost choked on my soda... saw that nobody made replicas and got sad... saw that they're uber rare and no longer made... the end :(

the search continues... as well as the anticipation of seeing yours complete!

Last edited:

NotNice

Reaction score

hows the length of the bumper on the sides? does it reach the back?

i got inspired by your pics and starting digging around for possible TSX front ends on my own car and came up with the Modulo Voltage JDM bumper. fell in love at first glance.... saw the price tag for a original one and almost choked on my soda... saw that nobody made replicas and got sad... saw that they're uber rare and no longer made... the end :(

the search continues... as well as the anticipation of seeing yours complete!

it does not reacj the back which sucks. but atleast thats not a hard part. i just have it cut and attatched the sides to the back. Ill have to just fill in that 4" gap.. if that makes sense.

yea i thought about going to like the bumpers that make for it but didnt want to take it so far.. i like the OEM look. it would be cool to have a few out there and rep it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Whoa, I've been away from this thread too long. I am impressed with the work so far, I know that cannot be easy. Keep it up!

if this comes out right, you may have opened my doors big time by allowing me to look at TSXs for a new front bumper design for myself!

This is high praises, coming from Vimal. :)

Back