Interior Update (finally!)

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I'm loving the grey stitching and line in the arm rest and shift boot.

Amazing work sir !

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of leather (prefer Alcantara myself), but your interior renovation looks really nice...great work, and it's come together quite nicely.

HomerJay

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words. It was definitely quite a bit of work. Overall, I am happy with the results.

There are some things I need to revisit next year. As it turns out, everything that needs tweaking will involve the glue which requires outdoor temps above 75. But she is pretty much back together for the winter. As a result, my first floor has far fewer car parts scattered about (rear seats, rear panels, door panels, etc).

Next year, I'm going to wrap a bunch of interior parts in Alcantara. It is a nice fabric. I know Redline Goods offers it for anything they make; there is a 10% premium over leather (when I last checked, that was the case). I could have gotten anything they made in Alcantara but until I ordered the fabric, I didn't know what it was.

On the freeway, it is much quieter. I can now listen to the radio set at about 16-18 whereas I was having to turn it up to over 26. I don't know the scale but it's a lot quieter. If I had thought about it, I would have taken measurements with my sound meter. Most of what I hear on the road seems to be other cars. Exhaust drone is much less noticeable. I still know I have an engine (what little engine I have) so I'm glad about that. The cool thing is when closing the doors, it sounds much more like a Mercedes...;)

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
So how much are they selling the Alcantara for exactly? It retails for no less than $80/yard, so are you saying your leather was nearly that much? Must be some damn good leather.

Reason I even bring it up is because a lot of companies sell Alcantara when it's really not the brand name stuff, so if you ever come across Alcantara at a price too good to be true...it's probably too good to be true. Maybe Redline is using endrolls or something to pass on a good price to its customers, who knows.

HomerJay

Reaction score
It depends on the price of the parts you're ordering. It is good leather; much better than comes with Honda from the factory that's for sure. Redline Goods doesn't sell the Alcantara by the yard. They will make anything they offer using Alcantara. For example, I could have ordered the shift boot in Alcantara for a surcharge. But, note that no matter the material, any of the parts they made require A LOT less than 1 yd each.

The Alcantara I bought for the miscellaneous pieces was $100/yd. It was purchased from the only US distributor (that I could find), Gulf Fabrics via JPM Coachworks.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
On the freeway, it is much quieter. I can now listen to the radio set at about 16-18 whereas I was having to turn it up to over 26. I don't know the scale but it's a lot quieter. If I had thought about it, I would have taken measurements with my sound meter. Most of what I hear on the road seems to be other cars. Exhaust drone is much less noticeable. I still know I have an engine (what little engine I have) so I'm glad about that. The cool thing is when closing the doors, it sounds much more like a Mercedes...;)
I really envy this! Superb job you've done, and always good to see the custom work like this. Major props! Just out of curiosity, did your doors become noticeably heavy?

Back