Ghost Ryder's Interior Renaissance.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl pics

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.Console Finshed!(almost)UPDATE 7-17

The idea of the clear bra is something I've been thinking about it, if I ever paint the center console. It's cool and I'm glad that my imaginary strategy is overlapping w/ your idea.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.Console Finshed!(almost)UPDATE 7-17

My 02. It would look really good to wrap around the back of the console. Meet in the middle with a stitch. or a piping. Or maybe on the corners where it meets a leather style stitch. It'd just be a unique idea to tie the two in.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Lookin great man, I admire your patience and attention to detail. Not sure I could attempt a project like this haha. All this must be taking a ton of time.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.Console Finshed!(almost)UPDATE 7-17

The only thing throwing me off is the gauge cluster.... The red is just... Off

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Thanks for all the feed back guys! It helps a lot to hear input from others when trying to decide on what direction to go with this stuff next.

My 02. It would look really good to wrap around the back of the console. Meet in the middle with a stitch. or a piping. Or maybe on the corners where it meets a leather style stitch. It'd just be a unique idea to tie the two in.
I like this idea. I am going to go over that in me head while I save up for leather. That would be a good time for any stitching.

Lookin great man, I admire your patience and attention to detail. Not sure I could attempt a project like this haha. All this must be taking a ton of time.
Thanks Chris, and yes it does. If it where not for starting this thread I would have lost track along time ago. Haha. If you ever need any help with anything on yours, don't be afraid to give me a call.

The idea of the clear bra is something I've been thinking about it, if I ever paint the center console. It's cool and I'm glad that my imaginary strategy is overlapping w/ your idea.
I will forewarn you Richard. That can be some tricky stuff on extreme contours. I actually had plans to cover most all of the silver area. When I change my mind, I tried to remove it using 3M's techniques and word of web. It took a small amount of paint off and I had to sand it again.(I was pissed.:eusa_wall: )I wound up hiding it under the chrome trim.

Other wise on flat or mild contours, it works well.

kn0x47

Reaction score

This center console is the tits

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I will forewarn you Richard. That can be some tricky stuff on extreme contours. I actually had plans to cover most all of the silver area. When I change my mind, I tried to remove it using 3M's techniques and word of web. It took a small amount of paint off and I had to sand it again.(I was pissed.:eusa_wall: )I wound up hiding it under the chrome trim.
Other wise on flat or mild contours, it works well.
Ouch, I'm sorry to see that... Got it, Daniel. I'll keep that in mind. I admire your efforts on this full diy... You must have a hands-free camera or something no? I mean, you take pics of each and every step you take, and it just amazes me. I gotta start sanding my polyu lip, as I mentioned you, hopefully today. Being super lazy on everything lately... :coffee:)

Bax

Reaction score

30 thousand 100 million :)

Brad2274

Reaction score

holy crap that's awesome, what do you use for clear coating?

Back