Ghost Ryder's Interior Renaissance.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl pics

Accord2Show

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.Console Finshed!(almost)UPDATE 7-17

That is look good. Keep up the amazing work.

Pizzaman

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.Console Finshed!(almost)UPDATE 7-17

updates look great. that is a TON of work taping and painting all those pieces

SAV602

Reaction score

That looks excellent!

I actually just purchased an MDX steering wheel, I was able to get a brand new one for roughly the same price as a used one. I've been looking for a good condition CL/TL-S steering wheel unsuccessfully for a month now. I don't have or want wood grain and this is an excellent way to handle it.
Is the paint tacky at all?

I'm going to be purchasing new carpet and will be putting some sound deadening down, probably going with fatmat (unless people recommend something different), but I will be looking at the brand that you used.

I was going to do the whole floor but I see you did not, is doing the whole floor not needed?

Thanks!

agginline86

Reaction score

damn
doin work
and it looks amazing!

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Again, thank all of you for your comments. I have been side tracked for a while with some things around the house. Quite frankly, I needed a break from sanding all that stuff before I went :huh: I will be updating with pics of the dash trim put on and the floor mats installed. (Just incase any one was curious.)

You must have a hands-free camera or something no? I mean, you take pics of each and every step you take, and it just amazes me.
Thanks. I actually use my phone alot, just taking a moment here and there to take the pic. Alot of pics because pics are worth a thousand words.

30 thousand 100 million :)
Bax, I honestly have no idea what you are saying.:lolhitting: But dats cool.:peace:

holy crap that's awesome, what do you use for clear coating?
Thank you. I used Duplicolor Universal Clear Automotive touch up paint,
NAPA#BLC0125.

That looks excellent!
I actually just purchased an MDX steering wheel, I was able to get a brand new one for roughly the same price as a used one. I've been looking for a good condition CL/TL-S steering wheel unsuccessfully for a month now. I don't have or want wood grain and this is an excellent way to handle it.
Is the paint tacky at all?

I'm going to be purchasing new carpet and will be putting some sound deadening down, probably going with fatmat (unless people recommend something different), but I will be looking at the brand that you used.

I was going to do the whole floor but I see you did not, is doing the whole floor not needed?

Thanks!

Steering wheel answer:The paint on the steering wheel is o.k. if you are patient and let it cure completely. Actually, as soon as the paint became slightly tacky after painting, I put it in an upstairs closet that was very warm to help it cure. beyond that I just let it sit on my work bench for a week or so (just to be safe).

Carpet answer: The carpet I used is actually a large roll I got at Pep-Boys. It is a general use type meant for trunk, rear window tray, ect. I wouldn't recommend it for the floor though.

Last edited:

SAV602

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you again for the great idea. I installed the wheel yesterday and it looks awesome. The install was more involved than I thought, but I figure it took about an hour and a half with me taking my time.

The instructions I had stated I needed a 19mm for the wheel bolt, which I have on my 1/2 breaker bar. It was actually a different size which I only had on my 1/4 ratchet...I'm surprised I didn't break my ratchet and my hand with all the force I put on the thing.

I was able to clean everything up in and around the wheel/control buttons and I'm very very happy with the outcome. Keep doing cool **** to your car you have great ideas.

agginline86

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl

i've been following this since you started
and wow
every time I look at your updates I am totally impressed
great work
:drool:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl

Just wanted to thank you again for the great idea. I installed the wheel yesterday and it looks awesome. The install was more involved than I thought, but I figure it took about an hour and a half with me taking my time.

The instructions I had stated I needed a 19mm for the wheel bolt, which I have on my 1/2 breaker bar. It was actually a different size which I only had on my 1/4 ratchet...I'm surprised I didn't break my ratchet and my hand with all the force I put on the thing.

I was able to clean everything up in and around the wheel/control buttons and I'm very very happy with the outcome. Keep doing cool **** to your car you have great ideas.

Glad to hear you got it installed o.k., and ya that bolt can be a real pain in the azz. Every time I have done one I always expect to see something broken after the POW noise of it braking loose. Haha.

jjazul

Reaction score

whoa nice cluster im flabbergasted.... what cluster is that?

Anth

Reaction score

whoa nice cluster im flabbergasted.... what cluster is that?

That's the Euro Dash Cluster.

Back