The $5.00, five minute "Honda", emblem steering wheel mod

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Maybe someone has already done this, so ya- but just thought I'd share.

I saw a Honda Odyssey at the junk yard the other day and noticed the steering wheel had a metal Honda badge in the middle and the air bag had been deployed. I had an idea!

***Ran the vin# from the same odessy. Looks like a
2002, Odyssey, trim level EXL-RES****

For $5 they let me cut off the upper portion of the vinyl air bag/ horn cover with the emblem attached.

I used a knife to cut away at the part that was anchored into the back of the vinyl, then peel away the pieces.

After removing the "H" badge completely, I used dykes to cut the edges as even as possible.(It is very thin metal and was very easy to cut.)

Then degreased and cleaned the steering wheel in my car in the area where the "H" was molded in. So as to allow maximum adhesion with 3m High Temp Gasket sealer. <<--(That stuff is great for a lot of uses...)

After spreading it evenly on the backside, I applied a small amount on the wheel itself in the corners of the "H" molding. I did use tape (stuck sticky side out, smooth side touching emblem) to hold it in place while it cured. But here is the final outcome.....Sorry for crappy pics, I will take better ones when I add this to my interior thread. Couldn't wait to share with you guys.:coffee:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Looks awesome especially how our airbags look. Goes very well with that woodgrain steering wheel.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice find Daniel. Looks like it pretty much fits the embossment perfectly. Funny how many size/shape variations there are with these. My steering wheel emblem is from a CR-V center cap lol.

Maybe include what year Oddy’s you can grab this from. Repped.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Nice find Daniel. Looks like it pretty much fits the embossment perfectly. Funny how many size/shape variations there are with these. My steering wheel emblem is from a CR-V center cap lol.

Maybe include what year Oddy’s you can grab this from. Repped.

Surprisingly, it fits like a glove. I tried to use a Micrometer to get the measurements as best I could before gluing it down, just to be for sure.

Funny I was thinking of the one I saw on yours at I.A., when I got the idea. I should have grabbed the year, and trim package level too. I think it maybe a trim level thing, as a couple of others did not have that on the s.w. I'll be sure to get that when I go back.

Last edited:

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do that for a while.. i deff have to grab one next time in at the yard.
thanks for the motivation, yours looks awesome

Back