The $5.00, five minute "Honda", emblem steering wheel mod

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Great info on this Mod.
Actually thought about doing this before until I realized I probably don't want that big metal thing hitting me in the face if the air bags go off.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Great info on this Mod.
Actually thought about doing this before until I realized I probably don't want that big metal thing hitting me in the face if the air bags go off.

You have a point. I did give this some serious thought before hand. Obviously people like us usually don't have access to a lab of the sorts to test safety issues in our modifications. The only thing I can logic is:
-That the emblem is placed above the seem where the vinyl air bag/horn cover will split.
-The air bag deploys at a rate of 2000 pounds, 200 m.p.h., 60-80 milliseconds within collision contact, and inflated fully within 1/30 of a second .
-I can only assume (liability release statement here) that if the deployment of the bag caused the emblem to come off, it would be sent towards the sun visor or window. If it where to come towards the face, an extremely durable, nylon fabric expanding with such force may deflect it during inflation.
OR maybe it will kill you, I dunno......:shrug:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ You might wanna be careful on that, b/c the shape of the rsx emblem is different; Acura's are more like a circle unlike Honda's squareish outline.

Daniel, I haven't got a chance to see the over all appearance of your center console, but the last pic is showing its nice result. Congrats!

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Man, that looks really good! Makes me really wish my interior was black/swap it to black.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Bump. I am thinking about it. The pics are no longer linked. Do you mind dropping them back? That might seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back