Down but never out

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Im really liking the color sample, and I'm "anti-red". The deepness makes me wanna eat it though.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
and here is me trying on some new wheels, i was only testing the sizing but the wheel is pretty nice too though. it's the new Enkei Kojin in 18x9.5 +15 . i'll likely not run that low an offset to keep the car more daily friendly and to not tear up my new paintjob because there is NOTHING cool or "legit" about rocking band aids or stickers on fenders that have been raped.

2r71.jpg

Those wheels look beautiful, but having rubbing issues myself, I completely understand with your reluctance to run that size. Interested in seeing the ones you picked and how they tuck in with the air suspension.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
because there is NOTHING cool or "legit" about rocking band aids or stickers on fenders that have been raped.

Now look what you've done......everyone is going to run and scrape off their band aids/stickers on their fenders now, that they were so proud of rocking! :lawl:

Like those wheels, good choice.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
hahaha, it was just my opinion. and i didnt choose those wheels, i just borrowed them from a friend. i chose something else, something that resembles my AMEs but with a more updated/aggressive look.

slowaccord

Reaction score
most of these guys with hella flush cars have disgusting raped fenders. even magazine cars. ever seen flush s2k's? it is st8 faukkery!!!! I find it funny that people can rock 3-4k rims with mods up the yingyang but wont spend the money at the body shop to fit stuff right.

just my opinion of course

KnightRyder

Reaction score
rather than bore you guys with the details of why it took so long yet again to get painted... im just gonna post pics and let them speak for themselves.

the front fenders were twisted from all the rolling and pulling so he twisted it back to where it was supposed to be which inevitably reduced the amount of pull on the fenders. he then epoxied a 2nd piece of sheet metal to the inside for added strength.

Primer/Sealer:

The good stuff: 4 coats of Copper Red Mica and 3-4 coats of Clear... nice and DEEP in person.

so now the car is just sitting and curing for the next couple weeks before it gets cut and buffed. and honestly speaking i will probably bring the car home before i even let them cut and buff the paint since i'd rather wait even longer (a month or so) to allow for the paint to absolutely cure before we put in the effort to block it, wetsand, cut and buff it to a show quality mirror finish.

things still needed to be painted are my mirrors, side skirts, rear bumper, front bumper (after i build it), door handles, cf hood, cf trunk, cf roof spoiler, and some other accessories that im having color matched too.

still a ways to go but im happy now.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Yea I know but based on past experience with paint work.... If he wetsands it now, it'll look amazing..... For like 2 weeks then it'll change slightly as the paint fully cures. It'll still look great after the slight change but I'm not gonna rush it now, especially after having already waited so long to get to this point. I want the work that gets puts in during the blocking/wetsanding stage to last forever and the only way to ensure that happens is the let it cure for an extra long time.

Back