How-to: prelude cluster in 6th gen accord

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
retroshark said:
lol well why do you need to switch the gauges, isnt the idea that they are the same connectors etc?

well i never liked the accord cluster a lot.. i found speed gauge is way too big.. it's like it's made for grandpa who have a bad vision..

so i prefer the prelude cluster more..

Bxflyist6thgen

Reaction score
Hey id paypal u some money for ur time if u were to remove ur cluster and tell me what wires go where

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Bxflyist6thgen said:
Hey id paypal u some money for ur time if u were to remove ur cluster and tell me what wires go where

Why you would send me money ?? This is a car-related Forum and we're supposed to help eachother!! :D But if you really need to throw out your money, feel free to send me all the money you want. Joking!

Wires don't have multiples places to go. You have to buy a part of a 97+ prelude cluster with the connectors, like the first pic shown. You'll need the big gray connector and the 2 blue. The little green connector is needed only for automatic transmission.

You will have to wired your accord's wire cluster to the prelude'd wires, one wire by one. . After, you will connect the gray and the 2 blue connectors at the only place they can go behind the prelude's cluster.

good luck!

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Bxflyist6thgen said:
Hey are u saying the wired all match up color wise?

not necessary.. that's why you need to have ALL electrical wiring diagrams for your Accord and for the prelude. Colors may be different on the prelude cluster wires and the accord wire harness. I did it with the 98-99 Accord Haynes Repair Manual and with the 97 Prelude Honda Repair Manual.. my friend who's working in a Honda dealership lend me the shop manual so i has all informations needed.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
i do have the H22.

Having the H22 cluster don't help really, i just found it prettier than the OEM one. With the Accord's tach.. But, i think Prelude's tach is more precise than the Accord one.

Back