The Ultimate J32A2+6spd Swap Parts List!

Crimzon

Reaction score
whats the point of this thread when a) its a copy / paste from v6p

Actually I didn't copy / paste a single thing. I typed every word myself. Granted, Richie's 6 Speed Obsession thread contains most of this info (but in less detailed form), and as stated in the original post I credited him and several others for their work.

b) you already knew that redryder was in the process of making one with pics? trying to beat him to a sticky or something? lol.
Also as stated in the original post, I'm in the middle of doing this swap and I have no idea how long it'll take him and/or Richie to complete the guide. I had planned on posting this before I even found out RedRyder was doing the swap. Although I'd be flattered if this got a sticky, no, that wasn't my intention.

I made this thread to help others who are in the same boat as me who are trying to pull info from dozens of different threads, some of which have hundreds of posts, and all I'm trying to do is distill it all into one compact source.

Crimzon

Reaction score
Took the valve covers and oil pan off of my $125 J32 and had a peek inside... it looks brand new! Not a speck of sludge or anything. Seems to crank pretty smooth too. WINNING!!!

Can't wait to drop this thing in :147703263745b138a51

hondatech03

Reaction score
nice write up. I have a question. If I can find the cls 6-speed motor, trans, harness and ecu; Will I need richie's controller?

Last edited:

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
nice write up. I have a question. If I can find the cls 6-speed motor, trans, harness and ecu; Will I need richie's controller?

You won't need it only if that motor was originally mated to a 6 speed manual transmission, otherwise you will need RichieV6's module.

hondatech03

Reaction score
I dont think so cause, mikeymike did not use it.

... Re-route some of the wiring etc...

Parts Going In
Engine
'03 CL Type-S Engine
'03 CL Type-S ECU

So you used 3.2 ECU with Richie's Harness for the J32a2? or complete rewiring?

complete re-wiring. i just dont have the long term trust in those hanresses

What need to be rewired?

credit: MikeyMike's Long Awaited 3.5L 6spd thread
BTW I not hating on Richie's Harness

Last edited:
Back