Driver's side window does not go down.

sweagle02

Reaction score
Is it the regulator or the (window) motor? What is the difference between these any way? Thnks in advance!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I don't know why they call it a regulator. All it is a elevator with some steel braided lines like a bicycle brake line. It moves the window up and down is all. If it's the window elevator then ur window will attempt to move. Motor, the window won't move at all. There is a little trick to get it working if it's the motor.

Basically the design of the motor is an electric magnet that spins in a cylinder. Sometime debris or the positive and negative connections become loose or the motor gets stuck.

Take the door panel off, there are I think 3 bolt holding the motor to the inner door frame. Take those off so th motor is Kinda dangling inside. Grab the motor with your hand, press it against the frame of the door and wack the other side really hard with a hammer. Do this until the motor brakes loose.

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
If u hear the motor spinnings, its the regulator. Open it up and check the "teeth" of the regulator. You can also ruin ur motor with a bad regulator by making it work harder to make up for the ruined teeth of the regulator as so I've been told.

cl206

Reaction score
Easiest thing to check first is the fuse. That happened one time to a civic I used to have.
If that's not it, then ignore my post :)

Back