Got my first speeding ticket.

LoveLee

Reaction score
you got a ticket from Texas but you were charged in Cali? i don't get it. from what i understand, if you get a ticket from Texas, you have to go to court and pay for the ticket in Texas, not Cali.

from what i heard, if you don't come back to Texas for 5+ years (i believe) and not get pulled over by a Texas cop, the ticket won't affect you because Texas police wouldn't their time to drive to Cali to arrest you. someone correct me on this.

he got a ticket in cali, went to texas, and came back to cali and had to pay the ticket.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i always fight tickets ,but all of them where BS ticket , 10 miles over the speeding limit,who doesn't go 10 miles over , those two with in the same month where dropped, and i got a 85 in a 65 ,they reduced it down 150 bucks beter then nothing.

02CowboyAccrd

Reaction score
Sorry, no I got the ticket here in Cali and then had a death in the family in Texas, so I left to Texas and I just stupidly forgot about the ticket until I came back to L.A. PS, I forget not everyone on here is from California.:doh:

99F23VTech

Reaction score
i would fight it... i have had 2 tickets one for 85 in a 60... racing (stupid don't do it) it was reduced to neg 2 instead of reckless. and another for 45 in a 35 changing lanes cuz some douch was going freaking 25... and the cop actually let me off with a "fix-it" ticket because ididn't have my front license plate on... no bigg i fixed it... lol... these were almost 2 years ago... now i just drive like i was taught... With the flow of traffic... and now that i am in the Army wearing a uniform cops don't even look at me any more...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd buy a faster car to outrun the cops. Sure you gotta flee to Mexico, live under an alias, and friends and family back home in the states have to deny your existence. But hey, who hasn't?

Just pay it and choose where you speed more carefully in the future.

Ironic that as I typed this TixNix had their banner up on the side of the webpage.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Its no biggie.. I got my first ticket when I was 16 and it was the first week I had my car... 35 in a 15 (school zone).. How many points did you get on your license?

AndyDrew2

Reaction score
Points on license? Maybe its cause I haven't had a ticket before, but I have no clue what your talking about...

Back