DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

98-EX-Leather

Reaction score
thanks Russianred.... thats how i had it figured but before i did anything i wanted to check... that was very helpful... i will do it today..

rep point on the way..

Angel jr.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
so actually how wires would i need? would it be 4 or 5? and i would just need to splice the middle wire for the oem switch to the wire on the bottom of it? i have so much questions i dont understand about wiring. ><

98acclude

Reaction score
great write up man... thanx... but has anyone learned how to make the light come on behind the little fog image? or was that what the blue wire was for?

C_S_L

Reaction score
great write up man... thanx... but has anyone learned how to make the light come on behind the little fog image? or was that what the blue wire was for?

Mine came on for awhile until the wire I splice came loose then afterwards it didnt work no more. Couple days ago my fog stop working, trying to see if the splice wires has come loose thats causing it to not light up.:mad:

98acclude

Reaction score
the green light, that tells you the foglights are on, is always on I just dunno how to make the other white light behind the foglight image to come on, and that sux bad... I wrapped the crap out of all the wires with electrical tape so they wouldnt move freely and would stay in place...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you did it correctly, the green light should only come on when the switch is on. The white backlight for fog image, I could never get to work. But then again, I have same issue with the cruise image on the cruise button - white light doesn't work. I tried switching bulbs from Honda, but still no go. I just learn to live without that miniscule detail :D.

98acclude

Reaction score
that's what's up... still good job on figuring this BS out it looks so much better with the oem switch instead of the ugly civic switch just hangin there... haha that thing was cheap n sucked.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I need some help I was working on this, and I killed my radio when I cut the civic pigtail off. I switched the fuse in the pass. panel with a functioning one. Can any one offer some suggestions. BTW I unhooked the civic harness from my car thinking it was that. I also use juiceboxes DIY verbatim.

Back