jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

capsidx

Reaction score
Would the shop let you jack one of the bays to do the work? Im assuming no but if you're cool with your mechanic they usually hook you up unless you go to a formal shop like a dealer. I avoid dealers and go to the shady spots (if for some reason theres something im too lazy/ cant do). I wish I could use a shop for my current swap but im limited to my cold a$$ garage lol. Im sure theyd let me use the bay for a day or two but my car has been down since christmas. Anyways you could always ask and see so you can save some cash.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Would the shop let you jack one of the bays to do the work? Im assuming no but if you're cool with your mechanic they usually hook you up unless you go to a formal shop like a dealer. I avoid dealers and go to the shady spots (if for some reason theres something im too lazy/ cant do). I wish I could use a shop for my current swap but im limited to my cold a$$ garage lol. Im sure theyd let me use the bay for a day or two but my car has been down since christmas. Anyways you could always ask and see so you can save some cash.
Nah they’re pretty professional, I can’t even be anywhere near the lift or car. I’ve heard of someone opening up a shop where it’s a DIY, you sign a contract and you get to use their lift but I think you bring your own tools. It was somewhere in the Bay Area, pretty cool idea. If anyone in So Cal is looking for steelies I have my old set laying around. Comes with tires and hubcaps. I’ll hook it up!

capsidx

Reaction score
Nah they’re pretty professional, I can’t even be anywhere near the lift or car. I’ve heard of someone opening up a shop where it’s a DIY, you sign a contract and you get to use their lift but I think you bring your own tools. It was somewhere in the Bay Area, pretty cool idea. If anyone in So Cal is looking for steelies I have my old set laying around. Comes with tires and hubcaps. I’ll hook it up!

That is a pretty cool idea. I wonder if they make you take one of those 80's vhs style classes to show you how to use the lift lol. That would be classic but honestly most stuff might take more than a day so I think if they only let you use it for a day it might not be ideal unless you were doing simple stuff. I can do stuff like brakes, fluid flushes and simple parts exchanges but my f20b swap took a month and my h23 swap before that took 4 months. I learned so much and was able to do it a lot faster but I dont think I could do it in a day lol.

DBO867

Reaction score
Yeah the best solution would be to get bags but they're too damn expensive. Plus you always have to worry about them leaking and what not, such a headache.

It sucks that my car is a 01. There is literally no lip available. I don't want to convert to a coupe front nor do I want to go 98-00. But I heard someone got a 98-00 coupe OEM style front lip to fit on his 01 with little modifications. I would love to find a real OEM lip but I guess a replica will do for now. And the reason why I want to go with the front lip and splash guard look:

This is the car that inspired mines haha

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
That is a pretty cool idea. I wonder if they make you take one of those 80's vhs style classes to show you how to use the lift lol. That would be classic but honestly most stuff might take more than a day so I think if they only let you use it for a day it might not be ideal unless you were doing simple stuff. I can do stuff like brakes, fluid flushes and simple parts exchanges but my f20b swap took a month and my h23 swap before that took 4 months. I learned so much and was able to do it a lot faster but I dont think I could do it in a day lol.
Haha I wouldn't doubt it. Yeah I'm still learning, luckily I have friends that know how to do swaps and what not.

This is the car that inspired mines haha
Aww yeah, your car is dope bro. Do you still have it?

^Would look better if the mudflaps were painted white to match.
I'm just going to leave it black, I don't really like it color matched.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks! I do, but its not looking as nice anymore. Driverside got banged and scratched up last month from a hit and run driver

I wish people like that would get caught and hella jailed. Makes me so mad, especially when their car is a POS and they dont have insurance.

Back