Cant turn off alarm! - remote works only when it wants to

rdxd

Reaction score
I've been locking my car using only the key because the keyless entry wasn't working, somehow I clicked it to lock today and the alarm armed itself.

The good news is I discovered that I have an alarm.

The bad news is I can't turn it off because my remote doesn't work!

What do I do :(

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You can unplug the brain for the alarm system. Unplug/cut the lines for the alarms speaker. Or disconnect you battery.

Or a combination. Best would be to disconnect your battery then unplug the alarm system at the brain until you can get a shop to program it with new keys or until you can yourself.

Reason I say disconnect your battery is so the car isn't whaling at you while you get to the brain.

rdxd

Reaction score
You can unplug the brain for the alarm system. Unplug/cut the lines for the alarms speaker. Or disconnect you battery.

Or a combination. Best would be to disconnect your battery then unplug the alarm system at the brain until you can get a shop to program it with new keys or until you can yourself.

Reason I say disconnect your battery is so the car isn't whaling at you while you get to the brain.

Thanks for the advice, i'm not too savvy with electronics - where do i access the 'brain' and disable the alarm?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Take off the cover for driver side fuse panel. In there you'll find two screws that hold the knee bolster cover in. Take those out. Then just pull the knee bolster out which is only held in by clips other than those two screws.

Once behind there you can find the brain. Likely a 2x2 thin black box with a bunch of 16-12 gauge wire. It will be the one that is clearly not OEM. Once you find it, you'll know. And the just unplug it.

rdxd

Reaction score
Take off the cover for driver side fuse panel. In there you'll find two screws that hold the knee bolster cover in. Take those out. Then just pull the knee bolster out which is only held in by clips other than those two screws.

Once behind there you can find the brain. Likely a 2x2 thin black box with a bunch of 16-12 gauge wire. It will be the one that is clearly not OEM. Once you find it, you'll know. And the just unplug it.

I've had to call roadside assist because neighbours are getting the *****s with the alarm - thanks - I'll keep this in mind in future - hopefully they can disarm the alarm - also wonder what's wrong with my remotes :/

rdxd

Reaction score
Solved! I had everything out n ready to go but what bothered me was the persistent blaring of the horn - the dude simply disabled the horn - took out the horn relay - replugged the horns - and unplugged the alarm :):smash:

Back