idling problem after intake manifold clean out

noelaorozco

Reaction score
So i had a mechanic clean out my intake manifold cause it was passing the smog test, so after its all down the car now idles around 2k rpm and will gradually go down to 1500 rpm. Which is getting a little annoying because when im at a light you can feel the car idling like that. also when i turn on and turn off the car the whole seems to like shutter as if something was left loose. You guys have any idea what this things could be? Thanks

Chris Vu

Reaction score
How much have you driven it? Take the car out, get on the freeway and do some really hard pulls for about 15 minutes. If that doesn't work, you might have a vacuum leak.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I'd bet money that when they put your intake manifold back on the set the throttle cables incorrectly. This is assuming they took it off to clean it.

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I'd be money that when they put your intake manifold back on the set the throttle cables incorrectly. This is assuming they took it off to clean it.

If they did truely do that, I'd never ever go back to that mechanic if I were you .. haha.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this give me somewhere to start from, but haha i hope its the cables that would be an easy fix hut careless mistakes but we'll see

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Do you know if he took off the manifold? My money's on a small leak around one of the gasket areas

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Yeah he did, but problem seems to fixed itself after some highway miles, it now idles around 1k rpm or a little below, much better than 2krpm.

My only problem now is my cel came on again but for the knock sensor, which he replaced -___-

Back