CF trunk and taillight issue

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with trying to mount their tail lights to a CF trunk. I know it seems like a stupid thing to be asking. But recently I purchased a Carbon Creations trunk for my sedan and today I was going for the install. When I would hold the tail lights in location they seemed like they would not fit. It kind of seems like the height of the tail lights is too much to fit in the space of the trunk...if that makes sense. Has any one else bought a Carbon Creations trunk and run into this issue?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
From my understandings, there was no 01-02 sedan CF trunk made or atleast I haven't found one.

I'm pretty sure you got a 98-00 CF trunk from them. The 01-02 inner tail lights are longer than the 98-00's.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Send me a pic of lights and trunk Travis, (207) 604-0339. Carbon Creations is a decent brand, there's got to be a style issue. You may need to convert your rear lights to 98-00, either that or custom cut the center lights into the CF trunk due to model differences in the 01-02 inner taillights.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the tail lights will stick out a lil... mine never sat flush

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't made it on here for a while. But yes the trunk was bought new. I did more research and you guys are right. The trunk is for the 98-00 style trunk, so I am going to have to convert my taillights over. Thanks for the help guys.

Back