Tenzo R Lowering Springs

Reaction score
i dropped my car with some cheap ebay coilovers (Dropzone). i love how it looks but its just really uncomfortable. my car moves up and dow too much. it seems that it has no stabiity at all! i wanted to know, i was thinking about getting some tenzo r lowering springs. are those a good deal? wil i have a better drive over all?

finch13

Reaction score
Probably not. You really cannot lower a car on shocks that can't control the spring correctly (*cough* stock shocks). A decent suspension is going to cost $500+

DrOwZee

Reaction score
i heard the dropzone coils blow out really quick. you should just save up for a good setup so you dnt have to keep changing out suspension. save more money that way.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
I had dropzone's on my civic, but it was a lighter car so maybe that's why they worked better.

yoseppi

Reaction score
I just bought another 6th gen coupe, a bone stock 2000 Black Coupe 5 speed EXL 4ith 81xxx miles on it for $4,200 of the original owner. Couldn't pass it up.

Already has 35% tint installed since it was a deep south car, so gonna at least lower it, get rims again, and put some hids and fogs on it.

Anyway, just two momths age the previous owner just had installed new OEM Shocks and struts, new brakes & rotors.

Since the shocks are brand new, you think there'd be much problem using the oem ones for a while?

I put the blues with eibach springs for my 2" drop on my other car. Love the way it handles and looks, and can still get in driveways.

Going to put some eibach 2" lowering springs on it, but was thinking would the oem shocks be ok? Most people swap shocks in lowering because they are obviously old, but mine are new?

Thoughts, sorry for bein long winded, drunk as I type :)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I just bought another 6th gen coupe, a bone stock 2000 Black Coupe 5 speed EXL 4ith 81xxx miles on it for $4,200 of the original owner. Couldn't pass it up.

Already has 35% tint installed since it was a deep south car, so gonna at least lower it, get rims again, and put some hids and fogs on it.

Anyway, just two momths age the previous owner just had installed new OEM Shocks and struts, new brakes & rotors.

Since the shocks are brand new, you think there'd be much problem using the oem ones for a while?

I put the blues with eibach springs for my 2" drop on my other car. Love the way it handles and looks, and can still get in driveways.

Going to put some eibach 2" lowering springs on it, but was thinking would the oem shocks be ok? Most people swap shocks in lowering because they are obviously old, but mine are new?

Thoughts, sorry for bein long winded, drunk as I type :)

Thread Jack! :madrun:

If you really want to ruin some brand new OEM shocks then go ahead. I would sell them off ebay or something once you have installed the new suspension, otherwise they will be useless once they blow.

Last edited:

PCP6

Reaction score
eibach pro kit springs are great! i.m. handle like a champion!

Back