Ball joint question.

LeoY

Reaction score
Just went to get my aligment done, was told that my front right upper ball joint was loose, and both lowers. So I have to get it fixed first. Has anyone had any luck with these? http://www.discountbodyparts.com/details/Replacement/Ball_Joint/102212-05-PLK.html ? Or I'm actually very tempted to buy this, but wondering if it's a bad bad idea http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-2-Uppe...2000|Model:Accord&hash=item5d51300cd4&vxp=mtr Any input would be appreciated, would either of those be safe to buy? I figured I might as well replace all 4 ball joints.

kn0x47

Reaction score
prime choice is made from poorly rebuilt parts. Just buy from rockauto.com unless you're eager to replace those parts again in a year or two.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
every replacement ball joint i've ever used that wasn't oem needed yearly replacement. i'd bite the bullet and stick with oem unless you want to do the same thing again next year...just from my experience though.

LeoY

Reaction score
prime choice is made from poorly rebuilt parts. Just buy from rockauto.com unless you're eager to replace those parts again in a year or two.

every replacement ball joint i've ever used that wasn't oem needed yearly replacement. i'd bite the bullet and stick with oem unless you want to do the same thing again next year...just from my experience though.

Got it, thanks for the input both of you. I'll try to find all the OEM parts, if not, will shoot for the parts from the standard replacement list on rockauto. Mevotech looks reasonable.

Again, thank you!!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i always got my oem parts from majestic honda... hondaautomotiveparts.com. their prices are usually pretty good. cheaper than what your local dealer will charge you, that's for sure haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No reason not to go with OEM lower ball joints, they are an inexpensive part. Uppers can be more expensive if you are replacing the whole control arm. I had an upper replaced recently and they were able to only replace the ball joint so it wasn't that bad.

Bernardi is the cheapest I've seen most OEM parts.

LeoY

Reaction score
No reason not to go with OEM lower ball joints, they are an inexpensive part. Uppers can be more expensive if you are replacing the whole control arm. I had an upper replaced recently and they were able to only replace the ball joint so it wasn't that bad.

Bernardi is the cheapest I've seen most OEM parts.

Yeah, definitely doing OEM Lowers, uppers only seem to sell as a whole control arm though (from majestic), so I haven't decided what I'm doing there yet. I want to do both at the same time, but I have a list of things I am trying to do first as it warms up. Think I might bite the bullet and get something cheaper, like moog this year, and then replace them with oem in a year or 2, once I am done with all the little mods I want to do.

Anyways sorry about the wall of text, and once again, thank you!

james'99

Reaction score
I had to do uppers on a couple Accords, mine included. Did the entire control arm. Think I paid $140 each on Majestic. Fairly simple job. Don't forget new cotter pins!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ouch, I went with camber adjustable arms, like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-H...1998|Model:Accord&hash=item4ac96f6c7c&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16J,!)4FIY)hJ5ycBSMobcY(V!~~60_12.JPG

However, I expect them to die more often. So only use these if you need to adjust the front camber. @ ~$55

Back