Mrs. ZFreak's Daily Driver...04 EP3..

ZFreak

Reaction score
My wife and I sold her 04 Scion xA and got a car I could fit in a little better. (I'm a 6'7" tall, 300lb ex-football player). So we settled on a 04 EP3 (wanted 04-05 instead of 02-03 because of the 5 lug instead of 4 lug, dual bulb headlights, updated taillights, side skirts, etc. All around, the "update" mid year is definitely worth the harder search.

These cars are tough to come by in "nice" condition I've discovered. In the D/FW area we looked at about 8 different ones, and all but this one were modded to some degree.

That being said, all EP3's were 5 speeds, and in the US only came with the K20A3 (160hp, DOHC, VTEC only on the intake cam)...not the 220hp K20A1 or the K20Z in the RSX-S and newer SI's, respectively. It's still quite quick, and blows the doors off my accord 5spd.

We debadged it on the hatch, and have on order "Odyssey" and "Coupe" From a 2009 Odyssey, and Coupe from the prelude of the early 90's, both OEM honda parts.....just to be "funny", because it is after all, a mini-minivan.

The only other thing done right now, is we put an HPS intake on it (+11hp to the wheels says the dyno charts from many other people!) mainly because the factory intake is SOOOOOO restrictive, and I replaced the valve cover with a CTR one (Civic Type R) (wrinkle red). Did the valve cover gasket and new OEM Iridium plugs at the same time (yeah, OEM Iridium plugs...not cheap!).

Pics:

DSC_3123.jpg

DSC_3125.jpg

DSC_3129.jpg

Just put the intake, HID's, and valve cover on this weekend.
DSC_3168.jpg

DSC_3173.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Definitely a cute car! That's cool to know that all of them were 5MT, autos suck.

My friend has one of those, a black one though.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Nice pickup man. I was always curious how shifting one of those was like since its on the dash instead of the center console.

kn0x47

Reaction score
intake points toward the firewall? weird. seems like itd be better if you just took the type off and put on filter right on the manifold

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nice pick up. i like the 04+ ones more too....well, i like the headlights more. i like the earlier tail lights a lot better. absolutely hate the shifter setup tho, haha.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
O I like those. The owner of killboy.com has one of those and an evo which both are beautiful. That car has a lot of potential.

ZFreak

Reaction score
The shifter location is perfect for her, but for me I think it sits too far forward.

It handles AWESOME in stock form, but we'll upgrade it a "little" hah...

Yes, they are all 5 speeds. They only came in Silver, Black, White, Blue (and very few in Red.... JDM and EDM also had yellow available).

They were only made in Swindon, England by Honda of U.K. (none were made in Japan or US, which is weird).

Back