Help Knock sensor replacement (is coolant supposed to be draining?)

mattd034

Reaction score
I have hit a rough patch in life and could use any help given. Anyway, now for the specs and faqs. 2002 accord EX, 2 door, F23A4 motor. I just did a head gasket on this vehicle and everything seemed to be running smooth until it started bucking a bit on the freeway. It gave me a knock sensor code P0325 (I think not for sure cause I cleared it like a dummy). So, I check the sensor and the connector (on the sensor side) just broke off. So, I’m like, well okay walk to the parts store(My woman just left me and it’s my only car right now) and buy a new one I guess. Brought the $104 sensor and a 24mm deep socket. Walked back and glanced through the manual and it states that the sensor threads into the coolant passage and will drain coolant when you pull it out. I unthread it and its bone dry. My fear is that some broken gasket (from the intake manifold) is blocking the passageway. Any info for me would be highly appreciated.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I thought knock sensor would have oil coming out if anything I could be wrong though. I'm pretty sure when I took one out nothing came out.

dawg316

Reaction score
Shouldnt have coolant. Dunno why the manual states that

capsidx

Reaction score
Not sure if its a huge help but every time I have removed my knock sensor it was always dry. Ive had two snap as they are fragile. I would definitely try 1aauto.com online for parts. I got a new knock sensor for 13 and some change. Anyways, sorry for losing the woman, it happens and you have to move past it. You have to directions you can move, forward or backward. If you chose to walk backward it will take you longer to get where you want to be so you have to try your hardest to put one foot in front of the other and get back on track.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Shouldnt have coolant. Dunno why the manual states that

I've never changed 1 on a Honda before, but every other one I've changed was in the coolant part of the block. It didn't matter if it was a V6 or a V8, or an I4, they all went into the water jacket.

Now, I'd be worried if the knock sensor was supposed to be installed in a water jacket part of the block, and there's no water (coolant) there.

Back