Morimoto/Mini H1 Projector retrofit + more

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Reserving and supplying information for the time being. Should be doing this DIY within the next couple of weeks.

As many of you know I started a RX330 retrofit last year and bailed on it mainly because I did not have time but the lack of information. I have decided to take another look into retrofits. I wanted something easy, cost effective & great performance. I looked into the FX-R, TSX, s2k etc.. All great projectors but one problem, they require you to mangle your headlamps. Which I never liked the idea in the first place. So I started looking around and found a few alternatives;

G1 PnP HID Retrofit - Horrible output, $250+, less width than eBay projectors
G3 PnP HID Retrotit - Again not so great output, Horrible slope cut-off, $250+
Morimoto Mini/Mini H1 Bi-Xenon PnP HID Retrofit - Amazing output VERY comparable & even better than a lot of OEM projectors, $130 a set, Ability to use ANY 2.5" shroud, Bi-Xenon.

I obviously decided to go with Morimotos. These little projectors are amazing. The output is great, the width is great & the bi-xenon is awesome too. They require NO CUTTING.. yes you read right NO CUTTING. The bulb holder fits perfectly in the OEM 9006 bulb hole and secures with a alignment/locking nut. You simply bake open your headlamps and stick them in. You may be asking about rotational adjustment, it's simple; pull the bulb stick your finger in the hole or grab the projector with pliers and turn until level. With these projectors you can also utilize your existing PnP HID kit ballasts (if you have them), you'll just need to purchase H1 HID capsules. That is the only real downside I have found to these so far, you have to use an H1 bulb, d2s will not fit. I know some of you may be questioning the strength of the reflector and the weight of these, they weight about 10oz.

Now on to some out-put pictures and what not. These ARE NOT my pictures.
Size
DSC_0835.jpg

Low beam/High beam
Comparison.gif

Size comparison to FX-R
DSC_0020.jpg

Installed into a Civic reflector 9006 socket, notice no cutting etc..
246m04x.jpg

10ek5lw.jpg

Low-Beam cut-off with a .5mm tape mod on shield (takes like 2 minutes to do)
DSC_3757h.jpg

DrOwZee

Reaction score
wow. in for DIY
how are they mounted inside the headlight?
Good luck with the retro man. these look like legit cheap retro for people with a tight budget.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
wow. in for DIY
how are they mounted inside the headlight?
Good luck with the retro man. these look like legit cheap retro for people with a tight budget.
They go through your stock 9006 socket hole and are secured by the locking nut and H1 bulb holder. As I said NO CUTTING needed. You could if you wish fab some L brackets and mount to the reflector for extra security. Although it's been found it's not needed with these. No to little bounce in the cut-off while driving.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Nice find..looks like an easy cheaper way for a easy retro project.
edit: is there bi-xenon morimoto mini ones also no cutting pnp? or just the normal mini one? for 135$?

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
They go through your stock 9006 socket hole and are secured by the locking nut and H1 bulb holder. As I said NO CUTTING needed. You could if you wish fab some L brackets and mount to the reflector for extra security. Although it's been found it's not needed with these. No to little bounce in the cut-off while driving.

interesting. i would think it'll bounce or wobble while driving if its just held by the locking nut, guess not

Get started on the retro already, i think everyone wants to see how it turns out lol

shavedaccord

Reaction score
interesting. i would think it'll bounce or wobble while driving if its just held by the locking nut, guess not

Get started on the retro already, i think everyone wants to see how it turns out lol
Just waiting on the invoice to be emailed so I can purchase.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
eye see. Well, good luck on the retro once you start man. Hope you can provide a detailed DIY. pretty sure there are others who wants to go the same route but waiting for someone to experiment it out first. like me :]

Back