Morimoto/Mini H1 Projector retrofit + more

jwong512

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that when you lock the projector into the 9006 bulb housing, that would hold the shroud in place as well? Or would i need to do something to keep the shroud from moving/falling?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
youd have to secure the shroud somehow...jb weld is a common thing to use. the good stuff, not the kwik set.

jwong512

Reaction score
Does anyone know which shrouds would fit into our headlight housing? I'm thinking of getting the Morimoto Stage III Kit to just make my life easier. I'm going to sell my current Raptor HID kit to my friend. Silicone on the shrouds should be fine right?

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Does anyone know which shrouds would fit into our headlight housing? I'm thinking of getting the Morimoto Stage III Kit to just make my life easier. I'm going to sell my current Raptor HID kit to my friend. Silicone on the shrouds should be fine right?

most shrouds need to be trimmed to fit our headlights. silicone is not good for the shroud because of the intense heat coming from the projector, the heat will cause the silicone to emit fumes and fog up your light, like someone else mentioned, jb weld it on, and if you want piece of mind, you can buy the high heat version. just know that once you jb weld the shroud on, it probably wont ever come off easily so make sure you have it positioned exactly how you want first.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Mini H1's came in today. I have to work, but I'll see if I can't start tonight on them. The only thing I noticed is you'll need to pick up a 9006 connector if you don't make your own harness since most H1 HID kits just come with 2 male spade connectors. Thankfully my Kaixen HID bulbs have detachable 9006 connectors, so I just stuck those on my DDM H1's and it worked perfectly. The mini Gatling gun shrouds also SNAP right onto the Mini H1's no JB, Silicone, Glue required to hold them on. Also got my LED strips in, bright as hell. Should be installing those too. I'll have pictures of everything later tonight.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Got them 95% done last night. I just need to go pick up some wiring for the Bi-Xenon & LED's. Here is some teasers. These have NOT been aimed properly yet.

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05045.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

DSC05052.jpg

DSC05054.jpg

DSC05051.jpg

Back