shavedaccord

Reaction score
Any pics of the shrouds Darryl?

DSC05013.jpg

DSC05030.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, what about the light leaking out of the projector? with "sealed" projectors, looking at the headlamp...all you see is the circle of light and its niiiice :lawl:

edit: how much of the projector will those cover?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
yeah, what about the light leaking out of the projector? with "sealed" projectors, looking at the headlamp...all you see is the circle of light and its niiiice :lawl:

edit: how much of the projector will those cover?
The entire projector. These are made for them. The shrouds are not in on the pictures. I have to trim them to fit our headlamps.

jwong512

Reaction score
Looks nice :). Just wondering, if I didn't want the bi-xenon feature and just wanted the projector, do I still have to hook up those two wires? I wasn't exactly sure what the functions of them are.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the wires are for the bixenon solenoid, so no...you dont need to hook them up.

jwong512

Reaction score
Oh ok, that's great then. Also, I'm currently using a Raptor 9006 HID kit and I know this is a stupid question, but can I just replace the 9006 bulb with a H1 bulb or would I need a new kit?

Johnson

Reaction score
Oh ok, that's great then. Also, I'm currently using a Raptor 9006 HID kit and I know this is a stupid question, but can I just replace the 9006 bulb with a H1 bulb or would I need a new kit?
you could just replace the h1 bulb

shavedaccord

Reaction score
so i assume they snap on or do they have to be JB'd on?
Yes snap on. However they are too big for our housing so you either have to trim the shroud or trim the bottom of the reflector. I tried trimming the shroud but by the time you took enough off the shroud is way too flimsy, I ended up snapping one so for the time being I'm running shroudless until I get more time to pull the headlamps back apart.
Yeah you just need to replace the 9006 with an H1. You will more than likely need to trim the H1 bulbs to fir into the holder. I know I had to with my DDM H1's.

Headlamps are completed and put back together. They are naked for now (no shroud) until I get more time to take the headlamps back apart and trim the reflector/shroud so they'll fit. They are pretty sick and wide. Nice blue/purple flicker. I need to do a little more adjusting and trimming on the bulbs but other than that I love them. I'll try and get some pictures up tonight and start the DIY/HOW-To soon. It is pretty stupid how simple all this was actually. Oh and the high beam on these + OEM is just ridiculous.

Back