DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Yeah, the Raptor or DDM ballasts work perfectly fine with the H1 bulbs. They're not the best HID kits out there but they get the job done. I mean the Morimoto ones are probably great quality and if you had the cash, then sure by all means go for it.

I opted for the Morimoto ballasts. They're a little bulky, but the brackets that come with them give you a lot of options for mounting them.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i reallly....reallly hate this thread

:icon_axe:

i feel an impulse buy coming

acedomain

Reaction score
AKlass, pick up the Stage 3 kit, you can always order replacement Morimoto H1 bulbs directly from Matt at theretrofitsource.

Juicebox, I have a few pics showing how much of the trim (part you blackhouse) I had to cut. Let me know if you want to add them to your DIY.

ALSO, I should mention this for future buyers. If you opt for the free mini-gatling shrouds that come with the projectors when you order from trs.com, the shroud will either hit or be very very close to the headlight lens. This is NOT a problem. The only problem is that you can't use CCFL rings for halos. I thought I could get them to fit, but there's just not enough room. I ended up breaking mine :( lol

thanks for the heads up cuz i wanted mine to have ccfl too ...

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Drowzee (Mike), I may have a pair of OEM blackhoused headlights for sale soon. They're in great condition, and they don't fog up at all. PM me if you're interested :naughty:

Back