DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

juicebox00

Reaction score
i'd say $100 sounds fair. for 5hrs+- work and dealing w/ shipping. just send me all the parts and i take car of the little things like silicone and w/e

F23A1AT

Reaction score
So what's holding them in? Are they just wedged in there tight enough that they stay put? How are they aimed properly, besides the housing adjustment screws, is the some kind of measurement made to make them straight and level? This really has my attention, I thought something like this would cost three or more times as much as this. All I have to say is wow. Any nighttime pics that cans be posted?

AKlass

Reaction score
So what's holding them in? Are they just wedged in there tight enough that they stay put? How are they aimed properly, besides the housing adjustment screws, is the some kind of measurement made to make them straight and level? This really has my attention, I thought something like this would cost three or more times as much as this. All I have to say is wow. Any nighttime pics that cans be posted?

its a lock ring against a rubber washer that allows the projector to sit flush and tight against the reflector so you can aim them using the housing screws. To make it straight and level, you really have to test before you seal them up.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
its a lock ring against a rubber washer that allows the projector to sit flush and tight against the reflector so you can aim them using the housing screws. To make it straight and level, you really have to test before you seal them up.

You can still adjust them after you seal them up. There's a screw in the back you take out. Then you just take some needle nose pliers and place them in the holes to adjust them. It's definitely a PITA since you have to turn it a little and then place the headlights back on the car to see if they're level or not. I'll try to find some pictures to better describe the process.

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score
You can still adjust them after you seal them up. There's a screw in the back you take out. Then you just take some needle nose pliers and place them in the holes to adjust them. It's definitely a PITA since you have to turn it a little and then place the headlights back on the car to see if they're level or not. I'll try to find some pictures to better describe the process.

That will take care of rotational adjustments. Actually, I believe that theretrofitsource (if you are buying these from them) now give 9006 specific washers which SHOULD eliminate the need to do rotational adjustments, or at least have it very close to centered.

As for up/down and left/right adjustments, you will just need to use the stock adjustment screws at the back of the headlights.

Back