Power side mirrors HELP

heathan

Reaction score
I just purchased some side mirrors with turn signals that are SUPPOSE to be able to wire into the existing factory wiring but it doesn't seem to be working so well. The harness has 3 wires like it should coming out but then instead of the proper harness, it has a flat male piece on the end of each that will not fit into the revieving end. Do I have to remove wires from the other end and put the female ends on it then just connect it that way? Any help would be GREATLY apprectiated. Thanks guys!

heathan

Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. I cut the wiring fron the stock mirror a little above the harness it had and then just used trial and error to figure out the right sequence of wires before I wired the harness wires to the new mirrors. Wasn't as bad as I thought, but I shouldn't have had to even go through all of that.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
use a 12volt tester insted of tril and error........sometimes trial and error frys things and renders them useless, haha, like supplying leds with straight power insted of putting a resistor between the power source and the LED, hahah, POP :p

heathan

Reaction score
I did check with a tester to know what was left, right, so on. But as far as the wires for the new mirrors, I had no instructions or diagram so I just had to switch em around til they moved the right way. I didn't know that about the leds either, I'll remember that though. I got the mirrors wired in completely this afternoon but I haven't took any pics of the leds on them yet. It was pretty simple to do, but it took more time than I had expected.

heathan

Reaction score
Green -----> Yellow w/ White
Yellow -----> Blue w/ Green
White ------> Blue w/ Black

In case anyone is interested in the wiring setup of the lights(it may be the same on yours) there it is. The Green, Yellow & White wires are coming from the new mirror and the others are from the original wiring. This is only for the power mirror controls. The other 3 wires are for the parking light(blue), turn signal(white), and ground(black).

Back