Need Help With Quick Release Steering Wheel

david5788

Reaction score
Hey for all those with steering wheels i got some questions.

First off i want a quick release with an aftermarket steering wheel. im looking into purchasing a personal steering wheel. what i want is for the steering wheel to be closer to me.

right now i have a bucket seat and i have it in the perfect position for my feet. i want the steering wheel closer. do i buy a short hub or a regular one?

how close is the short hub already? any help would be great

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It depends on which hub and quick Realase you want to go with it will effect how close the wheel will be to you.

I'm running the normal Momo accord hub along with a standard quick release and not the short version.

2854758610_1e849ebbcf_o.jpg

2854758590_1dab7852f3_o.jpg

2853916905_e30383cd38_o.jpg

david5788

Reaction score
there is a full package on wek sos that i was looking into getting, its about 300 and it comes with the personal steering wheel, nrg hub, and also nrg quick release. my options are just to get the normal or thin one. i want something closer than stock steering wheel. how close is yours?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It's pretty close man, I was just running the hub and wheel for a while. Once I installed the NRG quick release later on it even brought the wheel even closer.

DSC_0780e.jpg

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
how close would you say yours is to the way the stock wheel sat dre?

It was strange the first few days with the wheel this way lol, I would try to turn on the wipers or indictor and I would miss because of the bigger gap it's a good distance away but now it feels normal. I hope this helps NRG is very good also can't beat it for the buck.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, like i talked with you a while ago about it, im thinking of getting the short hub tho, but im still unsure. im def gettin the quick release tho, once i get everything.

manbear

Reaction score
im trying to get a quick release so i have a question do i need a nrg hub and then my quick release and my steering wheel or does the nrg quick release hub come with the hub that bolts on to my steering column?????

Chris Vu

Reaction score
MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

To answer your question, the NRG hub and the NRG quick release are different things. The HUB bolts onto your steering column, then you take the NRG QUICK RELEASE and bolt it up to the HUB that you just put into your steering column. You buy the HUB and QUICK RELEASE separately for about $80 each .. I think that's the price of them. Neither of them comes with the other in the same box. They're sold separately unless bought as a package.

Back