hearing a slight click when reverse is engaged

DeHondaccord

Reaction score
I own a 2000 Honda accord ex v6 with 137k miles modified mostly bolt ons for power and sound. Anyway lately I have been hearing a click noise when I engage reverse and it jerks a bit. All other gears don't do this I'm just wondering what this could mean. I'm on coilovers and i have bottomed out quite a few times some worse then others is it possible that I can scrape my tranny?

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Motor mounts, possibly. That'd be more of a rocking.

I had a set of loose brake pads and the rattling drove me crazy.

Can you upload a sound clip to youtube? Where is it coming from? Under the car, engine, etc?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I have the same issue, even after replacing all 5 mounts.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I don't have this issue...

Noise from trans (1 click) gear engaugement (sp???)
While rolling front wheels (on jack so rears aren't), idk, more info needed.

Only rears (spin back while lifted) remove and look.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like normal autotragic operation to me. Mine clicked between R and D, and there was always a light jerk between P, R, and D. It was worse when it was cold.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Dealer told me nothing's wrong. Someone told me to check shift solenoid and clean the filter, #7 and 8 on diagram
2uh90z6.jpg

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
^you mean take a look at my car lol? The noise and everything else is coming from the transmission. Not from the wheels,brakes and definitely not from the rear. I have 104k on my car, and I had this issue forever. It drives, switches great, overdrive works fine, no gear searching. But if I go R and back in D , almost feels like a slight delay, and it engages sorta rough, and it starts happening when the car gets hot, doesn't happen when cold

DeHondaccord

Reaction score
The noise is definitely coming from the tranny its almost always there when I just start the car up for example say I'm coming out of an 8 hour work day I start the Honda up put her in reverse and as soon as I do I hear that click not just the normal sound from say switching from d1 to d2. All other gears switch normal with minimal noise. I'll try to record the noise if possible

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Lol...U do have all the time (no jobs), and tools (@home, snap-on at old work), but I'm not very fast.

Back