Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Detailing, Paint, Interior, Show mods

Detailing, Paint, Interior, Show mods Anything from detailing tips to interior swaps and car show mods

Register to remove these ads

Old 01-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Points: 12,797, Level: 34 Points: 12,797, Level: 34 Points: 12,797, Level: 34
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

98acclude is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the acclude's face lift 98-00 coupe front swap and paint

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
Now that is looking good.
I thought I read in 1 of the forums on here about the coupe nose having a spacer/filler block on the topside of the bumper to lift it up. Maybe it was a bracket. I'm not sure, but it was something like that.
I do like the shaved square block of what would be the license plate (I still haven't figured out what it's for since the plate attaches to a bracket). That little mod really cleans up the nose of the car.

Thanx Rusty! and Im not quite sure to be honest! I just plan on going to the junk yard and looking and seeing what I find... I mean If all else fails I could make a bracket until I could find one to replace it.

I was curious about the same thing cause when I bought it, it came with the license plate bracket on it. I think it's just in case you dont have a bracket but need a mounting location for the license plate... I always hated how the 98-00 sedan bumper had the whole shape of the license plate protruding out of the bumper... it would've looked much cleaner without it in my opinion.

{edit) Also I need to apologize for tonight, as school got cancelled due to the weather! it started out over 50 degrees when I went to work only for the whole sky to fall and freeze before I clocked off! lol So I wont have any updates tonight and I wont be back to school til monday! :/ so this thread is gonna be slow for a few days!

I have an H22 swap hence the name acclude

Last edited by 98acclude; 01-11-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Points: 12,797, Level: 34 Points: 12,797, Level: 34 Points: 12,797, Level: 34
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

98acclude is an unknown quantity at this point

whoops double post

I have an H22 swap hence the name acclude

Last edited by 98acclude; 01-11-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Points: 1,285, Level: 9 Points: 1,285, Level: 9 Points: 1,285, Level: 9
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 98acclude View Post
Thanx Rusty! and Im not quite sure to be honest! I just plan on going to the junk yard and looking and seeing what I find... I mean If all else fails I could make a bracket until I could find one to replace it.

I was curious about the same thing cause when I bought it, it came with the license plate bracket on it. I think it's just in case you dont have a bracket but need a mounting location for the license plate... I always hated how the 98-00 sedan bumper had the whole shape of the license plate protruding out of the bumper... it would've looked much cleaner without it in my opinion.

{edit) Also I need to apologize for tonight, as school got cancelled due to the weather! it started out over 50 degrees when I went to work only for the whole sky to fall and freeze before I clocked off! lol So I wont have any updates tonight and I wont be back to school til monday! :/ so this thread is gonna be slow for a few days!
Yeah, that rectangular bump is something I really don't care for on our Accords. I live in a 1 plate state, so we didn't get the bracket, but that hump is still there looking like crap on an otherwise clean looking body style. I find it kind of funny, that other mfgr's had adopted similar body lines and styling of our 20 year old Accords.

It's supposed to do that here too. We did get up to 53, but Friday's high for the day is supposed to by 19*F. It's currently raining here right now. Supposed to switch to snow overnight and tomorrow.

And yes, I've been thru Joplin a few times on my way to/from Texas. You get some ice on those hills, and no salt thrown and it'll look like some of those Atlanta you tube videos.

Last edited by Rusty Accord; 01-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.