F2 Type 1 with OE rims

JoeyG401

Reaction score
Just ordered my Function & Form Type I's for my 2000 sedan..

Ive done a lot of researching but everyone seems to do different things..

When installing I just need 1 question answered according to my setup:

-What's the best setting to put the coilovers at? taking into account that they will settle in a couple weeks, and I have a stock rim/tire spec setup (dif rims, same specs) and no camber kit or rolled fenders

The goal is to have them just above tucking tire (one finger or less) which from what I've gathered seems to be the setup at the coilovers max height..

-any tips are appreciated and sorry if anyone thinks this thread is unecessary lol Id just rather have them adjusted before I install them, according to the description ive given

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Just have their perches at the same level, install them.

I think their highest setting is about a finger gap, so start from there.

After you are happy, take your car to a lowered car friendly tire shop/tuner shop and go get an alignment. Have them zero out the toes and you should be good.

Last edited:

JoeyG401

Reaction score
thanks i appreciate a straight forward comment like that, im a beginner to the stance world so this answer was great bruhhh :thumbup:

Bax

Reaction score
It takes about around 30 mins to adjust all my coilovers, that's doing just the front, then the rear.
they're a LOT easier to adjust than my friends coils he has on his miata. lol

JoeyG401

Reaction score
It takes about around 30 mins to adjust all my coilovers, that's doing just the front, then the rear.
they're a LOT easier to adjust than my friends coils he has on his miata. lol

yeah i figured it would be pretty simple but just tedious tryna get everything even the way you want it

SABStable

Reaction score
From what I've seen, starting from the highest setting going down is a lot less work than going from lowest up. Just keep adjusting till you like how it sits.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
From what I've seen, starting from the highest setting going down is a lot less work than going from lowest up. Just keep adjusting till you like how it sits.

Lowest on type 1's will have your frame on the ground lol.

Koni yellow and GC sleeves for 20 second adjusting height on eah side ftw.

Back