DIY: Motion sensor install on Viper791xv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Now, this will most likely work with the rest of the viper line so long as they have shock sensor outputs. As with the rest of the DIY's posted here, I take no responsibilty for your mistakes. If you don't feel up to the task, don't do it!!.

First off, Locate your shock sensor. This step shouldn't be hard, if you start tapping around you'll see it light up. Trace that back to the brain and unplug and completely remove it. This is where the cutting and splicing begins. I've made a diagram, I couldn't take pictures while I was doing it.

508DInstall.jpg

I can't stress enough to make sure you leave enough wire for yourself to run everything. It's OK to have extra wire, but you don't want to be stuck with too little. I think I only cut maybe three inches from my motion sensor harness. And also take note that the plugs are different on the motion sensor harness, so double check before you start cutting.The best place for your motion sensor will be under your center console/armrest. I'm not going to go into the callibration on the motion sensor, the provided instructions are plenty detailed.

Now to remount the shock sensor, there are two ways to do it. The first is to mount to a flat metal surface, by dong this you will be losing some sensitivity. The second is to a loom of factory wire hanress, and believe me it will be sensitive. I did mine the first way, I don't want a ton of false alarms. And again, the motion sensor goes under your center console/armrest and then adjust as necessary. Thats pretty much it, this took me all of 30-40 minutes to accomplish and callibrate to my liking. Enjoy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back