Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

New fuel filler cap.
IMAG5222_zpsicmb4q6f.jpg

Was expecting to get exactly the same cap like the old one, but it looks different. Grips 'n feels better than my old one, so I'm happy w/ it. (Maybe my old one wasn't really for 6gen.. Who knows~. :p)
IMAG5221_zpsmydgltzp.jpg

where did you buy those caps online? I cant find it haha

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Keep us updated on the Progress RSB. I've heard good things about it but idk I want to get the Progress or Eibach.

Your car has been an inspiration even before I joined here. Keep up the amazing work and always interested what you'll do next.
Will definitely for sure. Well, it seems like a lot of members choose Progress over Eibach. It's probably b/c the Progress is 1mm thicker. Plus, it's relatively cheaper than Eibach, as far as I see.
 ↓
When buying directly from the companies for example:

Progress -- $165.75 + shipping (say, $20~$30) = $190ish
 VS.
Eibach -- $235 w/ free shipping.

I'd say Proggress ftw, since it's about $40 cheaper & 1mm thicker than Eibach.

Oh, thank you so much for the kind words! Really means a lot. :) Will keep it up, I promise!

The 01-02 seats are definitely deeper than that of its 6.0GA counterpart. Not sure if you knew that or not but I always liked the 01-02 seats better.
I didn't know that either. Well, I tried to compare my seats w/ other members' pics to see the difference, but I couldn't find a good picture.. Can you show me the difference?? Really curious here..

How close is your current RSB? If you've got some clearance, you should be fine.

If you're having someone else install it for you, be sure to let them know which tension setting to use.
I haven't looked at the clearance in my own eyes yet, tbh w/ you.. Yea I hope so, but going +7mm thicker than OEM bar sounds kinda a lot, so that's why I'm a little worried about. Well, some ppl have the Progress bar along with a thicker piping diameter, so I'm hoping that I'll be fine.

Yes sir, I remember you mentioned about those two adjustable setting it offers. :)
 ↓
....Since you have the Neuspeed and TL/CL strut bar combo up front, I recommend upgrading to the Progress bar in the rear. It even has two settings, one for taut, one for not. :)
I'm thinking about going w/ the tighter setting to begin, as opposed to your original recommendation tho, since I can always soften my dampening at any time to neutralize it, even if the bar's tension setting was stiff for me to begin. It's b/c, with my 50 series tire, Tein SA, (and dat SEV piece :lawl:), I'd predict that my car can ride pretty soft enough to accommodate the tighter tension setting.

Obviously, I have yet to feel the real difference between those two tension settings, but would you say this would be a fair prediction? Have you tried both of the settings 'n felt the difference? (I'd LOVE to have less body-roll, but also like to be somewhat comfy on bumpy roads.)

Yeah, the first half of the generation was the worst. They rip so much unfortunately. I am 4 cylinder EX-L. Do yours have side airbags in the seat RedRyder?
^The OEM's? No I think those were added in 2000. If you meant the CL-S seats, yeah they have side airbags but since the OEM's didn't there won't be an SRS light when I leave them unwired.
Yeah, I don't know if it was '00 or '01. I was just wondering if it was only a V6 thing. I have dreams of taking an SRS system from an 02 and the complimenting seats but I know there is a lot to it and the cost may not warrant it. But that's why we can dream! Right?

Anyway, sorry to do a little thread jacking. Haha!
According to Honda of America's website, the side airbags were added in 2000 to all 6gens.

My SRS light has been on for so long I forgot it's even there. :lawl:

Oh it's totally cool w/ me, James. I would prefer much more info shared. :)

whitederic

Reaction score

Where did you get your Progress RSB cuz I can't seem to find it on their site :, (

james'99

Reaction score

I didn't know that either. Well, I tried to compare my seats w/ other members' pics to see the difference, but I couldn't find a good picture.. Can you show me the difference?? Really curious here.

hqdefault.jpg

DSC_0022__zpsuvzvlpqg.jpg

So, I think that the old ones look like less of a bucket. See how the sides are more "circular" where as the '02 has a more distinct "angled" look. Really, I'm referring to the sides of the upper half of the seat. Maybe it was just the presence of the airbag in the seat that made it that way? When you look at the two cars side by side, that little bit makes it look a lot different to me, and more aggressive at that. Maybe I'm totally wrong! I am almost certain that this is the case though. Got02Accord's seats match your's and whenever we are together, I always want those seats. Haha!

Have you ever checked your SRS codes? Could just be your driver seatbelt buckle. Actually, it probably is which would warrant free replacement from Honda.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I see what James is talking about with the upper bolsters, they are shaped differently at the bottom, but look to be the same size overall. The biggest difference I see between 98-00 and 01-02 is the bolsters on the bottom cushion look beefier on 01-02.

When buying directly from the companies for example:

Progress -- $165.75 + shipping (say, $20~$30) = $190ish

Crazy to think I got mine for $130 shipped from Racetechperformance.com. I think it was January of 2012. They changed their site though, and don’t even sell it anymore. Here was the thread I made, tried to get word out lol: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40106&highlight=$119

Excelerate sells them too, for about $180 shipped: http://hoa.excelerateperformance.com/progress-technology/progress-antisway-bar/620110/i-225595.aspx

There was even a 6GA group buy in 2009, people got them for $115 shipped. :eek:

I'm thinking about going w/ the tighter setting to begin, as opposed to your original recommendation tho, since I can always soften my dampening at any time to neutralize it, even if the bar's tension setting was stiff for me to begin. It's b/c, with my 50 series tire, Tein SA, (and dat SEV piece :lawl:), I'd predict that my car can ride pretty soft enough to accommodate the tighter tension setting.

I’d say that’s sound reasoning. :)

Obviously, I have yet to feel the real difference between those two tension settings, but would you say this would be a fair prediction? Have you tried both of the settings 'n felt the difference? (I'd LOVE to have less body-roll, but also like to be somewhat comfy on bumpy roads.)

I didn’t bother with the lower tension, I figured I was buying the biggest bar available because I wanted the results, so I may as well go all out and use the higher setting haha. I daily the car and have never thought about lowering the tension…I think you’ll be happy.

Where did you get your Progress RSB cuz I can't seem to find it on their site :, (

They did not make it for our cars specifically, it just happens to fit. You want the Progress bar for the 3G TL. Part no. 62.0110

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

where did you buy those caps online? I cant find it haha
I got mine from oemacuraparts.com

Here's the link: (The illustration #22.)
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...trical-exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/fuel-tank-scat

The link is for 2002, but the cap will be the same, even if you choose the yr 1999 for your car. When you hover over your mouse on the illustration, you'll see that there're two choices; One w/ (TOYODA) & one w/o the name. I chose TOYODA out of those two, but the other one still links to the same page for a purchase.) So, I think they're both the same.

hqdefault.jpg

DSC_0022__zpsuvzvlpqg.jpg

So, I think that the old ones look like less of a bucket. See how the sides are more "circular" where as the '02 has a more distinct "angled" look. Really, I'm referring to the sides of the upper half of the seat. Maybe it was just the presence of the airbag in the seat that made it that way? When you look at the two cars side by side, that little bit makes it look a lot different to me, and more aggressive at that. Maybe I'm totally wrong! I am almost certain that this is the case though. Got02Accord's seats match your's and whenever we are together, I always want those seats. Haha!

Have you ever checked your SRS codes? Could just be your driver seatbelt buckle. Actually, it probably is which would warrant free replacement from Honda.
Thanks for the pic. I see what you mean by that; the cushions on the side on mine look a tad bulkier. But... it's kinda hard to tell, unless you were told haha. Indeed, maybe it's b/c there are airbags in them. Still curious to see it in my own eyes, so I'll take a quick peek when I spot a 98-99 6gen next time.

Yep, the SRS code has been identified, way back in 2010 iirc; It's the driver's seatbelt buckle, which is covered by the life-time warranty. Been too lazy and numbed by the life-time coverage. :lawl:

Crazy to think I got mine for $130 shipped from Racetechperformance.com. I think it was January of 2012. They changed their site though, and don’t even sell it anymore. Here was the thread I made, tried to get word out lol: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40106&highlight=$119

Excelerate sells them too, for about $180 shipped: http://hoa.excelerateperformance.com/progress-technology/progress-antisway-bar/620110/i-225595.aspx

There was even a 6GA group buy in 2009, people got them for $115 shipped. :eek:
Saw your thread when I was searching, and I thought that was a sweet deal. :drool:

Yea that's the price I paid for. ($187 shipped.)

Wat $115!? Son of a...

I’d say that’s sound reasoning. :)
Cool. I'm sure I will prefer having less 'n less body-roll, as many ppl tend to prefer lowering their cars more 'n more, so may as well go w/ the tighter setting in the first place. :)

I didn’t bother with the lower tension, I figured I was buying the biggest bar available because I wanted the results, so I may as well go all out and use the higher setting haha. I daily the car and have never thought about lowering the tension…I think you’ll be happy.
I see. Yeah, man. Can't wait to feel what 24mm has to offer!

They did not make it for our cars specifically, it just happens to fit. You want the Progress bar for the 3G TL. Part no. 62.0110
It has been nearly two decades since people started to mod their 6gens, and sometimes I wonder who in the world has discovered in the first place that some non-6gen parts, like 3gen TL rsb's, are direct bolt-on.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Thanks for the pic. I see what you mean by that; the cushions on the side on mine look a tad bulkier. But... it's kinda hard to tell, unless you were told haha. Indeed, maybe it's b/c there are airbags in them. Still curious to see it in my own eyes, so I'll take a quick peek when I spot a 98-99 6gen next time.

Yeah, definitely take a look. I think you will better see what I am saying.

Yep, the SRS code has been identified, way back in 2010 iirc; It's the driver's seatbelt buckle, which is covered by the life-time warranty. Been too lazy and numbed by the life-time coverage. :lawl:

:henry: One day! Well, I guess you have to get your airbag recall taken care of at some point, no?

It has been nearly two decades since people started to mod their 6gens, and sometimes I wonder who in the world has discovered in the first place that some non-6gen parts, like 3gen TL rsb's, are direct bolt-on.

Amen to that, It always puzzles me too but awesome nonetheless.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

:henry: One day! Well, I guess you have to get your airbag recall taken care of at some point, no?
Yeees.. That's another hassle of mine, going to the dealer haha.

Well... I used to not mind going to the dealer for a service, until I got lip kits. (Actually, one service advisor lady drove it like an SUV over the spd bump, and later she ALMOST hit my front lip on the parking curve SMH..) ← Obviously, it's not like every personnel at a dealer can recognize a lowered vehicle AND knows how to handle it, so I feel like I always need to monitor my car out there. :ugh:

So, this is the definite reason why I've not been feeling up to it.. I always do inform them that my car is lowered + w/ spoilers, but things like that still happen, and I just can't fully trust anywhere else besides my regular shop that I always go to. :eek:

Sorry for biitching about it, folks. I just don't like to go for a service recall haha.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Well... I used to not mind going to the dealer for a service, until I got lip kits. (Actually, one service advisor lady drove it like an SUV over the spd bump, and later she ALMOST hit my front lip on the parking curve SMH..) ← Obviously, it's not like every personnel at a dealer can recognize a lowered vehicle AND knows how to handle it, so I feel like I always need to monitor my car out there. :ugh:

So, this is the definite reason why I've not been feeling up to it.. I always do inform them that my car is lowered + w/ spoilers, but things like that still happen, and I just can't fully trust anywhere else besides my regular shop that I always go to. :eek:

Sorry for biitching about it, folks. I just don't like to go for a service recall haha.

I hear ya. I can't even stand having to bring my car for inspection every year. I have friends at a couple local shops and I still feel the need to watch them like a hawk. With good reason though!

Last inspection, (I torque my lugs to 100 ft lbs) they torqued my lug nuts to what they said was 80 ft lbs. Except, they put the torque wrench on there to check it after they had already over-torqued them with and impact gun. So I took my torque wrench to torque it up to 100 from what I thought was 80 ft lbs. I was jumping up and down on my lug wrench to unscrew 'em. They were way over torqued. Whats the point of them going back with the torque wrench if they already over-torqued them with the impact?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^You probably know, but if not, OEM torque specs for lugnuts is 82 ft lbs. Anyway if I take my car in for anything wheel-related, I always request that they do not use an impact gun on the lugs b/c they always over tighten. Not to mention a gun is more likely to scratch the wheel.

Good question. I think it happens one of three ways:
- Someone finds the specs for the part and compares it to their OEM part.
- They work at a retailer/shop and can physically test fit the part on the car.
- They take a shot in the dark or obtain the part super cheap and get lucky that it fits.

Two things I always remove when taking the car in, front lip and if the Works are on I switch to the A-specs which use OEM lugs.

One time I took it to a shop though and they got the side underspoiler with one of the lift pads. Luckily it just bent and did not crack, so I got a quote from my body guy and the shop gave me the money to have it repainted.

When I had the Works wrapped in rubber I had them put new teeth on the tire mounting machine. I've never understood why auto service generally blows, you'd think the people working on cars are car guys, and usually car guys give a **** about others.

Back