so im guessing my clutch went out

jeffpanya

Reaction score
can shift into all gears w/o using it and when im in gear does not stall at all, gotta have my rpm's really high to move it at all.:confused:

jeffpanya

Reaction score
yes and i was smelling some burning going on too, this is really bad my poor 6thgen is parked at fred meyers in the cold all alone :( its getting towed to my house tomorrow, and it started to snow this morning like A LOT! damn i heard of FWD clutches are hard to put in

simon_y

Reaction score
Yah, sounds like your clutch.
Must be really bad if you can't even stall it. lol.

It's not that hard, pretty much the same as any other front wheel drive car, You gotta remove the transmission, your axle and a motor mount and drop the tranny, and maybe machine your flywheel if your not getting a new one.

Correct me if I'm a little off, I've never done a clutch before by myself. :eh:

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
we live in the same city but im in a suburb. Its like 20 degrees outside with snow and ice.

finch13

Reaction score
Yah, sounds like your clutch.
Must be really bad if you can't even stall it. lol.

It's not that hard, pretty much the same as any other front wheel drive car, You gotta remove the transmission, your axle and a motor mount and drop the tranny, and maybe machine your flywheel if your not getting a new one.

Correct me if I'm a little off, I've never done a clutch before by myself. :eh:

Pretty much what needs to happen, just gotta remove a lot of other junk to get to those pieces. Starter, battery, airbox all have to come out. Not to mention lining up the tranny to the engine is a royal pain in the arse and requires 2 jacks and some other random stuff.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
well the tow truck is going there to get it with my dad, and then well see how it goes after that? well wow that sounds like a lot of work i mean maybe like 3 days tops? hmmmm :confused::ugh:

simon_y

Reaction score
Noo. It usually takes 1 full day at a shop to get it done. From morning to closing. It's usually done in about a day if their not busy that day.

Back