want to work on the interior a bit...ideas?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the other day, i realized i want to do some things to my interior since its bone stock except for the headunit and din kit. i also realized i like the polished look since theres a chrome strip around the windows, and the door pulls are also shiny along with the shifter/ebrake buttons. sooo, i was thinking of getting a couple of things to make the interior a lil more interesting.

what im getting:
-polished v6p cc knobs :D

what i will get in the near future:
-polished v6p door locks
-gauge trim rings (like ryon had)
-maybe a polished trim ring for around the shifter...not the whole shift gate, just the little rectangle that goes all the way around
-leds this summer possibly
-new "summer" floor mats :D
-polarizing film for clock and odo

what i need help with:
-i love the 01-02 coupe gauges, but want to keep my stock odo readings. is it possible to just swap faces?
-what shift knob would look nice without being ricey? id prefer it to be non-metal since my hand is always on the shifter and its so dam cold/hot here. ive got the tan interior, btw.
-the ebay titanium/aluminum dash trims would look kinda ghey since i have a tan interior and im not a fan of wood. ideas?

ideas im kicking around:
-door panels and armrest...what color and material?
-led gauges...what color and could it match my headunit?
-06 EX shift knob...will it fit?
-mdx wheel...impossible to find...?
-door sill plates...do they make complete ones or just the little metal stick-ons? links?

anything else? :)

Last edited:

NokBlue

Reaction score
good luck on finding the V6P polished ac knobs. i think they stopped making them. i got black ones. :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
seats are cloth, but im not a fan of leather on the other hand. some alcantara accents would be sweet, but ive never done any kind of upholstery :(

garrett (gme2001) found a few pairs of knobs sitting around :rock:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
u got a coupe or sedan?

either way i say do som DIY door panel inserts!
its easy 2 take the panels n fabric off... just takes a grip of time for the reuphosltry part.

others things u can do, that i can think of...
- 01-02 guage cluster swap w/98-00 black faceplates
-led conversion (red, blue, white, green, amber, etc..)
-leds under the seats... footwell, doors...climate control?
-those chrome rings around hte guage cluster bezels
- pedals..shift knob, ebrake handle, shift boot...
-tl/prelude shifter
-any good looking steering wheel?
-bucket seats?
-paint the side vents...window controls etc..
- reupholster the center console armrest 2 match w.e scheme u got goin on

Last edited:

Neight

Reaction score
or go full luxury with wood! haha i plan to get a wood steering wheel to match all that woodgrain trim I have in my car....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
sedan :)

i dont know what material or color to do them in...i love the feel of leather in hand but hate the sliding and farting sounds so it wont go on the seats. i wonder how much it would cost to do the door panels in leather hmm...

ohhhh i forgot...i wanna do puddle lights LOL...im serious too :D

the tsx semi-luxury/sporty feel is what im aiming for since a tsx will be my next car ;)

PROJECT H

Reaction score
i kno for sure.. if u want red needles... just get an 01-02 guage cluster n swap out the black faceplates with the gray ones... not sure abt keeeping hte milage.

try PMing theinspire
cuz i kno hes done it before.. n i saw it in person too.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting suede inserts when i get leather. I think that will help with everything i don't like about leather but still look great. Door pannels are decently easy to do if you have alot of time to mess up. It's hard to mess them up to the point you can just redo them again.

If you can find nice door sills, do that. There are some nice ones out there, don't get the "indiglo" ugly ones.

Led's are nice, i love mine. THey make a new look without being obnoxious.

Then shiftknob or autoknob and boot.

I think if you go too crazy with your interior though, it often looks like you "accesoriesed" vs "customized". I'd keep it simple and tasteful.

Sinful

Reaction score
Since you don't want titanium/aluminum here are some other color choices for dash trim, heres a bunch of other choices..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACCORD-1994-1997-WOOD-DASH-TRIM-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33705QQitemZ290093709451QQrdZ1
just imo, the only thing that looks good on tan is woodgrain.

Neight said:
or go full luxury with wood! haha i plan to get a wood steering wheel to match all that woodgrain trim I have in my car....
lol, i have a cheap "woodgrain look" steering wheel cover^^, you can't tell from far:)

Back