sonni_kuba 2001 'Mugen' J32A2/6MT Accord

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Now that I have spoken with the man himself, I can say there is some truth to the rumours.

Should be interesting to see what the future holds........knowing what that will be as well.

:coffee:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
:eekwtf: Seriously??

Why no more 6gen game, if could ask?

Gonna miss this big time.. :sad:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a sporty sedan in your future.

Derek, is there something you would like to tell the group ??? :p

what happen?

Post up your new ride when you get it Jakub. :)

Can't believe this. NSX or riot.

:( I remember when I first saw this build

So J, what's the verdict!?

Your coupe was always one of my favorite symbols of OEM-Perfection.

:eekwtf: Seriously??
Why no more 6gen game, if could ask?
Gonna miss this big time.. :sad:

Early April Fools joke. Only way to get people these days.

Thanks guys for all the nice things you've said about the car, and sometimes, your objections as well, I think it made the car look better in the end. I have had a great time using this forum, as both an automotive reference tool, and and an avenue to meet new friends.

Let's set the record straight ... YES, the car is gone. I enjoyed the car tremendously, but I think that unfortunately I've outgrown the car. I've also been meaning to move on to something more track ready out of the box, for some time now. When contemplating the sale of the car, it was insulting and perhaps ego bruising, to realize how little people were prepared to pay for a car, that I had spent time, money, and effort in trying to perfect.
SOOOOO ... I did not sell the car, I donated it to my cousin. He's done some free IT work for us in the past, and is all around, a really decent fellow. He's also in love with the car.

As to what's next ... let's just say that I had the following checklist ...
a) Relatively rare
b) Documented ability to mod the car to run 9s 1/4 mile
c) Manual transmission
d) AWD
e) Relatively affordable
f) Coupe body
g) Relatively light
h) Abundant and active after market support (no more discontinued items)

As of right now ... the only vehicle that fits these criteria are the early model Nissan Skyline GTRs. I know that not everyone may be in love with the styling, but more and more, I'm leaning to the form vs function end of the spectrum. Not to say that I don't appreciate slammed cars on crazy wide wheels, but I realized from my days of super slammage, that I miss driving the car aggressively.

As it stands right now, the plan is to pick up a rust free r32 GTR, and SLOWLY (this will be a long term build) built it up to challenge, or even, exceed, the performance of current r35 GTRs, and obviously destroy muscle cars in the process :flipthebird:

I really really also like the r34 conversion kit, that's available out there, I'll post some pics below. I think it does a great job of pairing the aggressive front of the r34 with the low beltline and weight of the r32. These hybrids are known as r324.

36278_10150091902633617_816813616_5.jpg

vsaero_108206_02.jpg

20110813-driftallstars-round5-iang-10.jpg

C420C38D-0CB7-4572-93C0-871E56089655.jpg

Either way, I'll definitely post up some pics ... mind you I don't anticipate pulling the trigger on this till 2017. Doing research right now to try to gauge a budget and find the cheapest way to insure a RDH car here in the Toronto area :banghead:

BTW ... if you wanna see some crazy fast r32s running 1/4 mile, check out this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp0ycQtDg8

Cheers,
Jakub

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not my place to spill the beans, so I couldn't share with the 'class'. lol

It's bound to happen with most if not all of us on here at some point, our cars are at least 14 years old.......the love affair is bound to wane.

Think about it, those driving 98's will soon be driving vehicles considered 'Classics'......:henry:

Nothing wrong with change, and with cars, there are so many to choose from that can serve as an inspiration for a time.......might as well keep the inspiration going for as long as you can.

Enjoy the next project, Sir.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Your criteria is not too far from mine. The last one, h), is especially important...so sick of that with the Accord haha.

Back