Corolla vs. tC

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
since the current generation of the corolla uses the same engine as the tC, is it possible or do people currently tune and modify the Corolla in the same fashion as the tC? i mean the corolla XRS trim. because the XRS is MSRP at $18,xxx but you can negotiate that down. the tC is for $17,xxx with a non-negotiable price tag...wouldn't someone be smart to get an XRS and lower the price to $17,xxx or less?

either way, just wanted to know if there was a hardcore community of Corolla XRS tuners around. never saw the corolla as a tuning platform but this new generation looks nice.

i'm asking because i was hanging out at the dealership with my girlfriend yesterday when she picked up her lease on an 09 Camry.

nexTOme

Reaction score
9thgencorolla.com...
some of them are dicl< face tho.....

some guys over there claim their XRS is faster than new Si/WRX/srt-4....:goyou:

nexTOme

Reaction score
well.......they are corolla drivers :rofl:

exactly.......

i just couldnt understand many...many posts there.....
this guy wanted that lil device changes signal traffic light to green.....streeting racing is somewhat encouraged as long as you can stick up "XRS" pride.....not even funny....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha yea, i noticed that too when i looked at the site.

idk, the styling of the toyota civic...oops, i mean corolla, doesnt exactly look that great, imo, either. i think its pretty ugly actually. id rather have a tc.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
if u plan on getting one of those, i say go Tc... the tc has a HUGE aftermarket setup more than teh corolla and most of them u can get str8 out of the dealership... no corolla tuner i would say... athough the new camry is a pretty good setup and looks awesome to modify...

Back