Civic but not accord

capsidx

Reaction score
I got a message back from an exhaust company. Of course the exhaust I want fits a civic but not the accord :yuno:. Whats everyones problem with the accord? Yea its bigger and heavier than a civic but its engine is also bigger than the civics and a stock accord will beat a stock civic EVERY SINGLE TIME. It makes me so mad. Thats like saying oh, we dont make performance parts for the charger or challenger, just the neon. Or we dont sell performance parts for the mustang, just the fiesta. I swear everything is for the civic but no love for the CG. Every time I watch an accord dust a civic on youtube or I happen to dust a civic in town (doing the speed limit of course) its like revenge pr0n. Sorry for the rant but I need to vent somewhere where i'll be understood.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What kills me is people cutting drivetrains out of nice cars like Acura CL's or TL's and putting them in some garbage Civic.

But what it came down to was the 6thgen Accord had no large tuner following, nor a Japanese counterpart that would support it (unlike the 5thgen Accord). So very few aftermarket companies saw it as worth it. Most of the aftermarket was filled with trash parts, sadly.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
What kills me is people cutting drivetrains out of nice cars like Acura CL's or TL's and putting them in some garbage Civic.

But what it came down to was the 6thgen Accord had no large tuner following, nor a Japanese counterpart that would support it (unlike the 5thgen Accord). So very few aftermarket companies saw it as worth it. Most of the aftermarket was filled with trash parts, sadly.

I really dont understand it. To me the CG was he most attractive platform. First with the option for a v6 but also a really fun 4 cylinder, super reliable, quick, lightweight (for what it is) great handling and more importantly swaps are a breeze. I dont get why you can make an f20b header that fits a civic with no clearance issues but it wont fit in a CG accord which has even more space than the civic. I just dont get. Its like the civic was the poster child for honda and the CG was the ******* child.

I mean its like all the motors we pick dont seem to have aftermarket. I try to be different but I swear everyone brags about the aftermarket for Hondas. Yea, if you have a 1500 dollar H22 red top the world is your oyster. If you have anything else pound sand. :squintrun:

datechboss101

Reaction score
I have to agree on this. I cannot find a really good ECU tune up for my f23 motor. The big names, Ktuner and Hondata, doesn't support our platform. Looks like we are on our own. I might probably contact Ktuner and Hondata and few others to find out if they have any tunes for us. Also, they have a tune for the J30 found in the 7th gens but not for the 6th gens. We have OBD II port too (unlike Toyotas).

Denton1000

Reaction score
I got a message back from an exhaust company. Of course the exhaust I want fits a civic but not the accord :yuno:. Whats everyones problem with the accord? Yea its bigger and heavier than a civic but its engine is also bigger than the civics and a stock accord will beat a stock civic EVERY SINGLE TIME. It makes me so mad. Thats like saying oh, we dont make performance parts for the charger or challenger, just the neon. Or we dont sell performance parts for the mustang, just the fiesta. I swear everything is for the civic but no love for the CG. Every time I watch an accord dust a civic on youtube or I happen to dust a civic in town (doing the speed limit of course) its like revenge pr0n. Sorry for the rant but I need to vent somewhere where i'll be understood.

I am so glad you made the comparisons you did with the charger/challenger vs neon and mustang vs fiesta. I’ve long felt that the Accord, especially 6th gen, was the Japanese Muscle Car everyone acted like the Eclipse was. 6th gens are b.a. cars that honestly can rival a v6 “muscle car” of its era, especially if we had the aftermarket support they have. Also, as a side note, I didn’t mean to hate on muscle cars, I absolutely love American muscle but am also in love with Japanese muscle.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score

I think a lot of the "no support" for the 6th gen came from the tuners working over the 5th gen (some were OBD I too), and hanging onto them. Add in that the 5th gen is more like a Civic (although slightly larger, but not as large as a 6th gen), and I can see why the aftermarket shied away from the 6th gen. Many felt it was too bloated, or too big.:goofy_batman:
The worse part is that the 5th gen Accord owners think their cars were the best, and the AT problems that plaque the 6th gen didn't help it's reputation either. And trying to convince others is a lot of work that not all 6th gen AT's are bad. I mean the car itself is very good, and when paired up with a MT and 4 cylinder, and these cars are as good if not better than the 5th gen. They certainly are better looking. :) Where Honda screwed up, was not offering a V6 MT combo. But then that probably would have cut into Accura sales, which did have an aftermarket support system. The 6th gen was just skipped over as a low cost mid sized car. After all, back when they were new, they were a favorite of soccer moms everywhere. :) They were reliable, solid, daily drivers that could haul a family of 5 with ease.

capsidx

Reaction score
I am so glad you made the comparisons you did with the charger/challenger vs neon and mustang vs fiesta. I’ve long felt that the Accord, especially 6th gen, was the Japanese Muscle Car everyone acted like the Eclipse was. 6th gens are b.a. cars that honestly can rival a v6 “muscle car” of its era, especially if we had the aftermarket support they have. Also, as a side note, I didn’t mean to hate on muscle cars, I absolutely love American muscle but am also in love with Japanese muscle.

No I feel you lol. I do however think the skyline and supra were the muscle cars of japan because they were icons. The accord was more of a nova or dart lol. It has potential but needs some work to get it there. However, you have to struggle to get there when theres no after market and you feel like you have to baby the car because x performance is scarce as hell and cost more than the car is worth. Thats the other thing I hate

I think a lot of the "no support" for the 6th gen came from the tuners working over the 5th gen (some were OBD I too), and hanging onto them. Add in that the 5th gen is more like a Civic (although slightly larger, but not as large as a 6th gen), and I can see why the aftermarket shied away from the 6th gen. Many felt it was too bloated, or too big.:goofy_batman:
The worse part is that the 5th gen Accord owners think their cars were the best, and the AT problems that plaque the 6th gen didn't help it's reputation either. And trying to convince others is a lot of work that not all 6th gen AT's are bad. I mean the car itself is very good, and when paired up with a MT and 4 cylinder, and these cars are as good if not better than the 5th gen. They certainly are better looking. :) Where Honda screwed up, was not offering a V6 MT combo. But then that probably would have cut into Accura sales, which did have an aftermarket support system. The 6th gen was just skipped over as a low cost mid sized car. After all, back when they were new, they were a favorite of soccer moms everywhere. :) They were reliable, solid, daily drivers that could haul a family of 5 with ease.

Thats what I am saying! The cg is a platform with so much potential but I suppose because it was harder to tune being obd2, came with economical engines and no v6 mt and was family and value oriented people strayed away. I really feel like the cg6 was hondas sneaky performance car. They gave us a good base to start because it had great handling and was relatively light. I feel like they sat in a boardroom and said "ok, lets give them a great chassis, awesome suspension setup and see what they come up with".

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
5g accords had a v6 first, just fyi. but yeah, it does suck that there wasn't, and isn't, much aftermarket support. just leaves it up to you to be more creative! haha. if your intent is speed/power...just buy a motorcycle and save your money :lawl:

Denton1000

Reaction score
No I feel you lol. I do however think the skyline and supra were the muscle cars of japan because they were icons. The accord was more of a nova or dart lol. It has potential but needs some work to get it there. However, you have to struggle to get there when theres no after market and you feel like you have to baby the car because x performance is scarce as hell and cost more than the car is worth. Thats the other thing I hate

I agree, I feel that, i’m more modern terms, the supra and skyline would be more like the Corvette while the Accord v6 would be comparable to the Camaro in terms of hierarchy.

capsidx

Reaction score
5g accords had a v6 first, just fyi. but yeah, it does suck that there wasn't, and isn't, much aftermarket support. just leaves it up to you to be more creative! haha. if your intent is speed/power...just buy a motorcycle and save your money :lawl:
No, Motorcycles scare the isht out of me lol. Id rather die in a cage with an airbag rather than a two wheeled monster that accelerates faster than the flying nimbus lol. Do you enjoy riding though? I've heard there's nothing quite like it. Also that bike in your sig :love:
I agree, I feel that, i’m more modern terms, the supra and skyline would be more like the Corvette while the Accord v6 would be comparable to the Camaro in terms of hierarchy.

Yea thats how I feel. I even drove a new camaro and wasnt impressed. The back window is hella small and the acceleration was nothing to write home about. I would love to have a v6 6 mt but thats a lot of money and work. I think redryder can chime in because he has one. I really feel like the 6th gen was kind a blank canvas for us and some of us painted master pieces but we had to do it with handtools, rocks and chisels because there were no companies making good tools for us.

Back