F23A1AT's swap thread + engine replacement Update pg4 (56k go fvck a goat)

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Nah just kidding no different user-name needed. So I picked up some stuff on Friday in Tampa. Got it for an amazing price, all I need now is the driver side axle, clutch/pressure plate and a flywheel. Everything seems to be in really good shape. Now for pixors.

Replacement engine: 70K approx, really clean valvetrain, only flaw found so far is the exhaust mount is broken. cast aluminum :sad: ...
29497bef.jpg

New pics
Out with the old.......
c5002dc5.jpg

..... in with the new.
bd22d69c.jpg

d83e843c.jpg

7c2e8109.jpg

5f0de570.jpg

c5742904.jpg

388e1aaf.jpg

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Re: I might need a new username now...(56k go fvck a goat)

im not sure what you're talking about on that last pic but if its about the lower silver looking hole, nothing goes there, assuming thats what i think it is (top of tranny right?)

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Have you got the clutch master cylinder off the firewall??
That attaches to the end of the clutch pedal and a line goes from that to the slave cylinder.... basically the clutch will push the pedal back out.
Can you take a pic of the side of the tranny that has the starter attached to it as I can't tell if thats the Slave Cylinder that you're talking about with the "Vacuum line" on it.

F23A1AT

Reaction score

im not sure what you're talking about on that last pic but if its about the lower silver looking hole, nothing goes there, assuming thats what i think it is (top of tranny right?)

Yeah that is the top of the transmission, I just thought something might go there considering how dirty the rest of the transmission is in comparison to that spot. The spots I am talking about are to the 11 o'clock of the mount there.

Have you got the clutch master cylinder off the firewall??
That attaches to the end of the clutch pedal and a line goes from that to the slave cylinder.... basically the clutch will push the pedal back out.
Can you take a pic of the side of the tranny that has the starter attached to it as I can't tell if that's the Slave Cylinder that you're talking about with the "Vacuum line" on it.

Got one coming in the mail, FedEx has it in Gainesville and should be delivered tomorrow. Yes that is the slave cylinder there the guy just cut the whole drive-train out of the car leaving everything attached to the trans, now I don't have to hunt down a VSS or the backup switch. Assuming the starter is good, I made out like a bandit with this stuff lol.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Yeah that is the top of the transmission, I just thought something might go there considering how dirty the rest of the transmission is in comparison to that spot. The spots I am talking about are to the 11 o'clock of the mount there.

I fairly sure thats the trans breather port closest to the mount @ 11 o'clock.
Usually has like a mushroom looking rubber cap on it..... someone else can confirm or deny that!!

nyknick1015

Reaction score

congrats on the tranny... messing with my tranny scares the shyt out of me.... i have no problem breaking part my engine tho but i cant fuk with the thing that makes me stop and go

Back