DIY 98-00 Cluster - white faces/red needles

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you have one of those APC pods then I don't think those top bulbs will do anything. You could always drill through it though to solve that. Or if you want to get fancy you could extend the wiring for them (you'd have to splice one of them to create a third light) and affix the LED's (again, drilling) right into the top of each cluster circle. That would put the LED much closer to the needle and bring out that fluorescent effect even more.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
If you have one of those APC pods then I don't think those top bulbs will do anything. You could always drill through it though to solve that. Or if you want to get fancy you could extend the wiring for them (you'd have to splice one of them to create a third light) and affix the LED's (again, drilling) right into the top of each cluster circle. That would put the LED much closer to the needle and bring out that fluorescent effect even more.

I got the cover off, suprsingly didnt break on me. Went very slow. And by slow I mean it took 5 hours just to get that off. I had the needles converted, but I never could get a clean cut. And the speedometer gauge face would not slip over that needle. So in the end of 6-7 hours, I just converted it to LED. Oh well, if I want to try again, it doesnt take very much time.

silverdiamond

Reaction score
Very useful thread

any one can help me

i use glow gauge and needle not working good speedometer and accelerator

i try to repair but when i press in gas pedal the accelerator not coming more than 4 rpm

and some time hang to 3 or 4

also speedometer not coming more than 80mph suspend and not respond

and this make me sad,angry and i feel crazy

now i looking to this thread i feel very happy cause i well change my gauge bulb to led

but now i have problem

in my gauge little bulb for gear shiftier between temp and gas gauge not working D4 D3 D2 D1

cause i check and i found little bulb 7 bulb for gear shiftier

P R N D4 D3 D2 D1

cause in my ACCORD

D4 D3 D2 D1 not working

and i wanna change bulb or led and i need size of bulb to working urgent

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^It sounds like the needles are making contact with your glow gauges, thus causing friction which is resulting in your needles not moving freely like they should. Check to make sure the guages are flat, etc. If the needle is too close to the gauge face you could try prying them up just a tad to make more room. Be VERY gentle though, and go slow if you decide to do that.

I got the cover off, suprsingly didnt break on me. Went very slow. And by slow I mean it took 5 hours just to get that off. I had the needles converted, but I never could get a clean cut. And the speedometer gauge face would not slip over that needle. So in the end of 6-7 hours, I just converted it to LED. Oh well, if I want to try again, it doesnt take very much time.

I took my time to remove the clear plastic cover, and it still cracked, I was so mad. I read once that 01-02 covers were screwed on instead of the stupid adhesive that was used for 98-00. Not sure if that's true. I still need to get a new cover to replace mine. The cracks are tiny but they still bug me.

Hmm the overlays are made to slide over your needle/needle assembly so that you don’t have to take them off. One of the overlays I had to stretch just a little but they are pliable so it didn’t distort or anything.

kolayxdoh

Reaction score
So while I was changing my needles to red, I think I might have screwed up the calibration on the cluster..
I took my time to finish everything cause I knew the needles were really delicate..
Does anyone know a solution?
For example, the speedometer and revs wont go up or down according to the car

Accord914

Reaction score
Nice! I want to do this next found it for like 20-25 on ebay! Where did yu get the silver overlay?

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
I know I'm bumping an old thread here but I was wondering if the white overlays are different from the 98-00 and the 01-02 years (specifically coupes). I know the 01-02 have different OEM faces and I was wondering if the white ones would line up differently. Thanks.

Back