What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What did you do today Detailing related?

Tried out a bird **** remover that won't remove your wax or sealant.

Subject: A decent size puddle of crap sat on my paint for about 4-6 hrs.

Product: It is a ready to use type of product straight out of the bottle without any diluting.

I let the product sit on the paint for 30 secs. Before lightly picking it up with a MF towel I gave the towel a couple sprays to add more lubrication/cleaning power. First pass:

Second pass as the product is breaking down the bird crap making it easier to dislodge it, and not having to scrape it off causing scratches

Third pass. All gone

Used some quick detailer to do a final wipe down. Quarter was placed to help the camera focus and to spot the location

I got lucky on this area with no bird acid etching, only swirls.

The other spot on my door is another story... Deep etching after bird crap wiped off

After using the most aggressive compound I have and rubbing it by hand this is the result. I will go over it with a machine to see if I can improve it, otherwise it will require wetsanding to level out the paint again.

The lesson bird crap teaches us is to wipe it off ASAP, and do not even let it sit an hour especially in the sun because the radiant heat will help speed up the etching process.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cleaned the interior of my car this morning/afternoon. I was just going to wipe down the dash and vacuum, but the cleaning itch kicked in and I did the whole interior except cleaning the carpet.

Started with the floor mats

Then started doing the whole interior wipe down with Optimum Power Clean at 4:1 ratio

Working on the dash and vents

140k miles of dirt and oils from our skin on the steering wheel

Afterwards I cleaned the inside of the windows with Meg glass cleaner at 1:10 ratio. That ended my morning cleaning and time to eat lunch and watch some football.

Last edited:

mx5kev

Reaction score

Wow impressive :) I love the mat looking of the plastics after.

Brad2274

Reaction score

used the products from the kit giveaway the other day, havent used the paint sealant yet but i used everything else! loved the products, interior ones leave a nice pleasant clean smell in the car :)

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

Washed her with mothers California gold carnauba wash and wax. Cleaned headlights with turtle wax headlight lens restorer. And wax with meguiar's white wax

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

used the products from the kit giveaway the other day, havent used the paint sealant yet but i used everything else! loved the products, interior ones leave a nice pleasant clean smell in the car :)

Awesome. The glass cleaner smells like grapes.

Washed her with mothers California gold carnauba wash and wax. Cleaned headlights with turtle wax headlight lens restorer. And wax with meguiar's white wax

You have pictures of a before and after of the headlights? What you think about the wax?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Washed it yesterday, and sprayed the underside. I really need to attack my leather again with leather conditioner.

The Meguiars glass cleaner is ammonia free. It is safe to use on tint windows as well which is the number one reason of being liable for damaging tinted windows. This product can be used on the exterior and interior windows.

Using water with a microfiber towel will mostly work on lightly dirtied windows and not anything with grease, or a thick dirt of film on the surface of the windows. The Meguiars glass cleaner even diluted at 10 part water 1 part concentrate can tackle 70-80% of all window conditions.

I did not know this, I've just been using a damp terry cloth. So there are cleaners that are safe for window tint.

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score

Glad to see more posts in here! Funny, I tackled my interior as well this weekend. Conditioned all my leather, vacuumed everything, didn't take pics though.

FYI: When something says dilute 1:10, it means 1 part of 10 parts (total). For instance, 1 part solution to 9 parts water.

#scientistproblems

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Washed it yesterday, and sprayed the underside. I really need to attack my leather again with leather conditioner.

I did not know this, I've just been using a damp terry cloth. So there are cleaners that are safe for window tint.

Chris pm me your info. I will send out a 8oz sample for you to try. :thumbsup:

Glad to see more posts in here! Funny, I tackled my interior as well this weekend. Conditioned all my leather, vacuumed everything, didn't take pics though.

FYI: When something says dilute 1:10, it means 1 part of 10 parts (total). For instance, 1 part solution to 9 parts water.

#scientistproblems

Thanks for catching the typo. :lawl: I'm also glad it's picking up a little bit. Can I ask what conditioner you used for your leather seats? Does it just protect? Or does it make it more supple?

Back