What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Re: What did you do today Detailing related?

..Nope, I havent had any extra time lately. I'm passively working on them since they are off the car for winter and I have a while to finish them. I was able to track down some m6x1 bolts, a wheel had been missing one since I purchased them. They are nearly impossible to find. Also bought new studs to replace some cross threaded ones.

I'll probably finish another wheel this weekend, install the wheels studs, and work on chasing down a wiring issue, nothing too much in the way of detailing.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

..Nope, I havent had any extra time lately. I'm passively working on them since they are off the car for winter and I have a while to finish them. I was able to track down some m6x1 bolts, a wheel had been missing one since I purchased them. They are nearly impossible to find. Also bought new studs to replace some cross threaded ones.

I'll probably finish another wheel this weekend, install the wheels studs, and work on chasing down a wiring issue, nothing too much in the way of detailing.

Nice Chris. How much did they cost you? Probably not as much as you mentioned before hopefully. What methods are you going to use for polishing your wheels?

Quick Shot of the cleaned up muffler from behind. Took it this morning.

Two year old caked on dirt that will not wash off. It is like cement, and needs to be chemically loosed off.

Close up

Using Stoners Tarminator to chemically break down and loosen the dirt to safely wipe off without scratching the surface.

All cleaned up.

Process:

Sprayed Stoners Tarminator on and let it dwell for 1-2mins
Spray onto a microfiber towel and lightly wipe
Repeat step 1 and 2 as necessary
Rinse off with water

Any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to leave a remark. Thank you for viewing.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

The fact that the person who started the car detailing thread has "two year-old caked-on dirt" is pretty hilarious.:omghi2u:

Nice removal process, though.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

No no, the bolts wont cost as much as I stated earlier. I still need to talk to Kevin more about it (its a coworker of his that has them).

For polishing the wheels, im using 0000 steel wool, then about 4-5 hits of mothers mag polish, topped of by 1-2 coats of Klasse for some polymer protection.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fact that the person who started the car detailing thread has "two year-old caked-on dirt" is pretty hilarious.:omghi2u:

Nice removal process, though.

Haha. It is kinda ironic right? That's my auto one that I haven't driven in 2 years and I just park it outside my house 24/7. I purchased a 5 speed CG6 as my daily, which is the one you see in the garage in the picture above. The 5 speed is the one I treasure, and take care of it as best as possible with weekly, or at latest bi weekly washes.

No no, the bolts wont cost as much as I stated earlier. I still need to talk to Kevin more about it (its a coworker of his that has them).

For polishing the wheels, im using 0000 steel wool, then about 4-5 hits of mothers mag polish, topped of by 1-2 coats of Klasse for some polymer protection.

Good choice of protection Chris. I've read Klasse is really durable, I haven't tried out the glaze or sealant yet, but I have used the Klasses All In One, and it's a terrific product. Let me know how long it holds up on your wheels since it's not a specific wheel product and the wheels will heat up to decrease the durability.

BullAccord

Reaction score

I nervously tried my hand at wet sanding out a some scratches using 2000 Grit sandpaper and buffed it using Meguiar's ultimate compound.
Before:

After:

Its not perfect but it was just my first time, so I'm really open to better ways of doing this thanks

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Nothing I did today, just trying to get some opinions. In a couple of days or so, I am going to pull my seats and do a full interior clean. Any products that you would recommend? For carpet, leather seats, dash, anything of that nature.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

I nervously tried my hand at wet sanding out a some scratches using 2000 Grit sandpaper and buffed it using Meguiar's ultimate compound.
I have pics on my phone I just don't know how to put them on here.

You need a usb cord to connect your phone to your comp. Then upload the pics to a hosting site. I like to use photobucket.

Nothing I did today, just trying to get some opinions. In a couple of days or so, I am going to pull my seats and do a full interior clean. Any products that you would recommend? For carpet, leather seats, dash, anything of that nature.

Nice little weekend project there for you. Before I give suggestions, can you let me know what products you are currently using, or was using? Maybe you have something that will satisfy your needs. No need to spend on unnecessary stuff.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Nice little weekend project there for you. Before I give suggestions, can you let me know what products you are currently using, or was using? Maybe you have something that will satisfy your needs. No need to spend on unnecessary stuff.

As far as I know, not much. I just went out to look, and couldn't find anything. Mostly I remember using some Meguiar's Leather Cleaner for my seats and a carpet cleaner/vacuum for the carpet. I'll look tomorrow to make absolutely sure, some of it I may be in my trunk.

As for buying different things, I shouldn't have to buy anything. My friend I'm doing this with has his own little detailing business, so hopefully he has some of this stuff. He wanted to ask your opinion for the best products, in your experience also.

todd_cards

Reaction score

i have a question guys, i happened to get some gorilla glue on my bumper. and i got a couple drips on. it has been there for awhile now. what would be the best steps to get this off?

Screenshot_2014-03-06-00-18-20_zpsftlize5i.png

Screenshot_2014-03-06-00-19-07_zpsnjaja92o.png

Back