Brake Lamp light is on After LED conversion

Solidus

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my exterior lights to LEDs and I did swap the flasher relay to a digital LED compatible relay. The turn signal blink at normal rates and all LED lights work. However when I press on my brakes the "brake lamp" light in the cluster comes on basically saying a brake light bulb is out but none are out.

Any solutions? I do not want to just simply unplug the bulb for the "brake lamp" indicator light which let's you know a bulb is out. I think I would just need to update a brake relay to LED compatible one.

What do you guys think? Is there another relay that needs to be swapped that I'm missing?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
light module, left side near tail, low amps, thinks tails are dead.

there are no easy fixes other than disabling system.

blackcord

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my exterior lights to LEDs and I did swap the flasher relay to a digital LED compatible relay. The turn signal blink at normal rates and all LED lights work. However when I press on my brakes the "brake lamp" light in the cluster comes on basically saying a brake light bulb is out but none are out.

Any solutions? I do not want to just simply unplug the bulb for the "brake lamp" indicator light which let's you know a bulb is out. I think I would just need to update a brake relay to LED compatible one.

What do you guys think? Is there another relay that needs to be swapped that I'm missing?

I havent tried this myself. But this should work for you..
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=948057#post948057

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
wat. Snap on some load resistors and be done with it, no splicing needed. If you're proficient in electrical work you can solder in your own. SBL and VLEDs sell them.

Solidus

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies. This info is very helpful and I will look into this as soon as I have some more free time. Been busy doing the final touches on my retrofit.

bluelights81

Reaction score
I actually had the same exact problem by only replacing the license plate bulb. Got it off Ebay for like $5. I got a different brand and no issues since. Some of those lights I think are just hit or miss. Maybe it'll help.

Back