Photography Shoutbox

Fundillo

Reaction score
nikons cant be that complicated, ive learned mine w/o help and im def not the biggest camerahead in the world.

/soundinglikeadick

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
I shoot both Canon and Nikon and I hate using my Nikon most of the time... just the adjustments don't feel right...

Shahid, give us a budget and maybe we can find a Canon/Nikon/Pentax model you can go to an electronics/camera shop and try out for usability.

We're all going to give you a biased opinion on which one is better, when in reality, they're all very similar.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Nikons are too complicated for noobs, at least the decent Nik's. Get the new Rebel T1i with video and live view! + the 28-135 L because you're a baller. If you don't get the hang of it, you can always sell the body for a little less and sell the L for nearly what you paid for it as long as you provide the date code/serial of the lens.

Investing in a decent tripod and head are good too, if you want to do car shoots at night.

He speaks the truff.

On a side note, I feel like I'm missing something... while shooting in M mode, I can adjust aperture, shutter speed, and iso, but not exposure compensation? What gives?

finch13

Reaction score
I just tried myself and couldn't figure it out... but I am really tired lol..

Hmm... I know on my 300D you had to hold the exposure lock button (*) and use the front wheel to adjust it.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
i can spend about 800 right now since i have other things going on but all i really want is something to learn on. I know someone who bought a markIV or whatever the hell that shoots in HD. He said i should just get one too because out of the box it will render better results than others and then i can always play around and learn so not sure if i should wait to get the budget up there which will take a few months or start with something small

d1blet

Reaction score
800 right now? When the T1i hits the shelves, go for it and start investing in lenses and other accessories before upgrading to a better body.

Raymond

Reaction score
In P, Av, and TV modes, you chose either the shutter speed or aperature, and the camera automatically adjusts the other value to get a 'correct' exposure for the image. Exposure compensation is available for use in those modes if you don't agree with the camera's exposure decision. Holding the * button will allow you to over or under expose the image by scrolling the slider back and forth.

In Manual mode, you are adjusting both the aperature and the shutter speed. The camera isn't doing much for you, so YOU are deciding the exposure. There's no need to compensate for anything - if you want to overexpose or underexpose, you do it.

Make sense?

Back