DIY - Stealthmode Power Steering Kit

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This relates to the 4cyl models only. Install may be the same for the V6's but it's on you if you screw it up.

Install Rating - 6

Parts needed -

(1) Kit - http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/oil-powersteering.shtml
(2) -6AN 90 Degree Fittings. - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AER-FBM3155/ These are what I used and gauged to be easiest to install with the kit. You need these for the tight turn the hose must make and for additional length.
(1) Some sort of resevoir

*Note, this is easier to do if the engine is already out or the rack is already out. Otherwise, the install is more difficult, mostly do to lack of room to move your hands and tools.

*Be careful not to damage the threads on the fittings in the next step. There's very little room to work with around the rack and brake lines. You will have to adjust the brake lines a little to get some more room to work with.

Install the two fittings into the rack as directed in the Honda-Tech article. Next, attach your (2) -6AN 90 degree fittings onto the ones you just screwed into the rack. Install the rear hose first, takes some tweaking of the brake lines for proper clearance. Install the other hose onto the other -6AN fitting and attach this hose to the first one via the T fitting supplied with the kit. Screw on the last segment of hose with the adjustable clamp on the end.

This next part is completely up to you for what you want to use as a resevoir for the fluid. I had an extra Prelude clutch fluid resevoir and bracket that I'm going to bolt onto the intake manifold to hold everything steady and level since it sits right there.

Add some fluid, pat yourself on the back, grab a bandaid if you cut your knuckles, and enjoy your new mod.

-6AN 90 Degree Fittings

Wrenchin001-2.jpg

Lines installed. Notice how close/tight they are to the brake lines.

Wrenchin003-1.jpg

My resevoir...and hand.

Wrenchin004.jpg

Fully installed.

Wrenchin005-2.jpg

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Looks nice dude. Let us know how it drives when you get an engine back in there :thumbup:

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
For people who are trying to achieve a clean engine bay. Without sacrificing luxuries.

This is awesome btw!!!!

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont get what is this suppose to do.. o_O

I removed power steering. Most people just loop the lines. By doing this, it's more like the oem system in that the fluid comes from a resevoir, rather than just being recirculated through the rack.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
For people who are trying to achieve a clean engine bay. Without sacrificing luxuries.

This is awesome btw!!!!

he techically is sacrificing luxury...its not really power steering once you remove the pump. this is more like a fancy loop system with a resorvoir. I hear the resorvoir makes it a little easier to turn than if you just loop it.

finch13

Reaction score
This can be done a lot less fancier with some barbed brass fittings, some rubber hose and a reservoir... just not as pretty.

It looks really nice though! I wish I had 100 bucks to buy it... might make my own. Where did you pick up your reservoir?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Resevoir was just something I had sitting around.

I'm sure you could make it with different fittings, lines, etc. But for the ease of obtaining all the right parts to work together, this worked out better than trying to figure out which fittings, bends, etc I would need and peicing it together that way.

Back