Solidus 1999 Accord Coupe EX

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
How did you get that shift knob to work? Doesn't it need a button to shift from park or something? Also, where did you get the steering wheel? Just from some Acura?

Solidus

Reaction score
How did you get that shift knob to work? Doesn't it need a button to shift from park or something? Also, where did you get the steering wheel? Just from some Acura?

My shift knob does not have a button. It has a special shaft that you can slide down to engage drive. I than custom fitted the shaft of the knob to the shifter unit in order to prevent accidental shifting and to have a firm shifting knob so it is not loose and gives a manual feel to it.

As for the steering wheel like it says on the 1st page of my ride thread it is a Mint Acura RSX Airbag and Steering wheel. I got mine from b1L@L. He should still have 1 for sale last I know of.

Solidus

Reaction score
So instead of going with 18x8 I think I'm going to run a 17" rim instead.

What do you guys think of 17x9 +22 offset running 225/45/17? Other tire size recommendations?

I would be switching out of stock wheels to these so knowing that would I need to do any fender rolling, pulling, or any other type of adjustments to make it work?

I plan to have my ride height around 24.5 Front and 24.75 Rear maybe a little lower with the 17" setup. I don't want to experience any rubbing or have the wheels be poking out. Trying to go for close to flush but doesn't have to be perfectly flush.

Again takes from others who have done wheel setups similar to this is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^You should lower the car more or go with a higher offset, +22 will be poking at 24.5”.

Solidus

Reaction score
^How low would be good enough? 23.5? Having a hard time finding clean looking 4 lug rims that are reasonable in price and don't weigh a lot as well as have a good offset.

Back